Collecting Pressed Pennies

Rachel S1321

Hi there-when our family goes on any vacation we collect pressed pennies. We keep them in an album and its a little nerdy but we love it and so do the kids. I know Disney has some pressed penny machines stationed around resorts and the parks but do they have a map of the locations? I hear there are quite a few of them. Thank you!

MissingDisney

Actually, guest relations can give you a map and directory of pressed penny/quarter offerings around the resort. Just ask for one on your next visit!

***the locations and offerings change due to machine maintenance, new character releases, etc. so they aren't 100% accurate. Someone copied and posted it on here a while back....I have one but it's about 3 years old.

Upvote 0

Journey_On

Actually, guest relations can give you a map and directory of pressed penny/quarter offerings around the resort. Just ask for one on your next visit!

***the locations and offerings change due to machine maintenance, new character releases, etc. so they aren't 100% accurate. Someone copied and posted it on here a while back....I have one but it's about 3 years old.

Oh cool, I did not know that! Thank you, missingdisney!

Upvote 0

Rachel S1321

Original Poster

Thank you! Such a fun keepsake to bring home!

Upvote 0

RinkaDink

I bought a metal hole punch at AC Moore and started a bracelet of mine, using jump rings on a chain. Looking forward to adding some weight to it this trip! When I was there in October, I could not find a penny machine at Grand Floridian, I had to do a quarter there, anyone know if there's one there now?

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I bought a metal hole punch at AC Moore and started a bracelet of mine, using jump rings on a chain. Looking forward to adding some weight to it this trip! When I was there in October, I could not find a penny machine at Grand Floridian, I had to do a quarter there, anyone know if there's one there now?
We've gotten them there before so I know they've been there. We ask if we can't find them. Like at the Contemporary, they have the machines in crazy spots. If You don't use the elevators, you would never see them or know that they are even there.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Until your kids want to stop AT. EVERY. SINGLE. MACHINE. and get EVERY. DESIGN. OFFERED!!!!! Lol!:D

At the start of the vacation, each kid gets a roll of quarters and a roll of pennies, new if possible, to press as they wish. Once the quarters are gone, they're gone! On a positive note, my carry on is much lighter coming home!

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

Until your kids want to stop AT. EVERY. SINGLE. MACHINE. and get EVERY. DESIGN. OFFERED!!!!! Lol!:D

At the start of the vacation, each kid gets a roll of quarters and a roll of pennies, new if possible, to press as they wish. Once the quarters are gone, they're gone! On a positive note, my carry on is much lighter coming home!

Great idea!

Upvote 0

midnightsun

I'm going to be doing the pressed pennies for the first time this year. This thread is great for maps and starting to plan out which ones I want to make sure I get, thanks everyone! There's so many, I'm having fun planning my souvenirs!

What do you all do with your pressed pennies? I found this pin on Pinterest that talked about gluing thumb tacks on the back of them and then putting them in some cork board to display. I think I'm going to do something like that.

Upvote 0

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
I'm going to be doing the pressed pennies for the first time this year. This thread is great for maps and starting to plan out which ones I want to make sure I get, thanks everyone! There's so many, I'm having fun planning my souvenirs!

What do you all do with your pressed pennies? I found this pin on Pinterest that talked about gluing thumb tacks on the back of them and then putting them in some cork board to display. I think I'm going to do something like that.

I buy the kids their own Pressed Penny Books. Here is a link to one. My kids love it! http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151616580166?rmvSB=true

Upvote 0

Figaro928

3 weeks ago it was up by the monorail entrance - I believe we got a Princess penny there

Upvote 0

Figaro928

Before we went we bought each kid a thing on mini M&Ms. After the happily ate all the candy we decorated the tubes and stacked them in a 2quarter/1 penny pattern. I think each tube got 20 or so pennies in it. The m&m tubes were the perfect vessel to hold the coins and made it easy to grab what we needed.
th

When we were at Disney, each kid got a little bank to put their stash in. No, the pennies aren't on display but the kids LOVE dumping out their collection, sorting through what they got. We think its a GREAT souvenir!!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

Also a great idea. Boys have cork boards in their rooms and this would be a great way of displaying their souvenirs. Thanks

Upvote 0

midnightsun

I've been looking at getting the princes and villains series (there are seven of each) but I'm having trouble finding the 1st one for villains and 2nd one for princes. I found an old 2010 map that had the Prince #2 (Prince Eric) at Fantasia Gardens but my understanding is, is that was moved.

Does anyone know where the Jafar (villain #1) and Prince Eric (Prince #2) are located now? presscoins.com seems to have been updated a couple of months ago and I can't find them on their list. Are they not available anymore?

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

anchorman314

I've been looking at getting the princes and villains series (there are seven of each) but I'm having trouble finding the 1st one for villains and 2nd one for princes. I found an old 2010 map that had the Prince #2 (Prince Eric) at Fantasia Gardens but my understanding is, is that was moved.

Does anyone know where the Jafar (villain #1) and Prince Eric (Prince #2) are located now? presscoins.com seems to have been updated a couple of months ago and I can't find them on their list. Are they not available anymore?

Thanks for the help!
According to presscoins database, the Jafar Villain penny has been retired. There's still a current Jafar penny, but it's "Aladdin 3 of 5". It's listed as being at CBR. The site also lists the Eric penny as being retired.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Hi there-when our family goes on any vacation we collect pressed pennies. We keep them in an album and its a little nerdy but we love it and so do the kids. I know Disney has some pressed penny machines stationed around resorts and the parks but do they have a map of the locations? I hear there are quite a few of them. Thank you!

I'm sorry, not hear to answer your question, but we saw these bracelets that hold pressed pennys at Universal. Just FYI if yall wanted to collect in a different way!

Wearable Souvenir Pennybandz Bracelet for elongated coins - Color Groovy Tie Dye https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BOU797C/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_O3tbvb178ABQ3

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom