Coca Cola Remains The Official Soft Drink Supplier Of Universal Studios Theme Parks

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>ATLANTA, Jan 7 (Reuters) - The flagship Coca-Cola Classic brand will remain the official soft drink served at Universal Studios in Hollywood and four other U.S. theme parks as part of an expanded 10-year marketing partnership announced on Tuesday by Coca-Cola Co. and Universal Parks & Resorts.

The world's No. 1 soft drink maker also said its Minute Maid brand would become the official juice served in Universal's parks, including the Universal Studios and CityWalk parks in Hollywood, California and the Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios Florida and CityWalk resorts in Orlando, Florida.

The Universal deal and another agreement between Coke and a restaurant company announced separately on Tuesday were the latest in a flurry of marketing initiatives pitting Coca-Cola against PepsiCo. Inc. in a fierce struggle for market share.

"These are not huge transactions, but in the hyper-competitive beverage business every case, cup and drop counts," said John Sicher, editor of Beverage Digest, a leading industry newsletter.

Atlanta-based Coca-Cola said it would support the Universal deal with marketing programs aimed at teens and young adults as well as themed beverage attractions at the parks operated by Universal Parks & Resorts, owned by Franco-American media giant Vivendi Universal.

Jeff Dunn, president and chief operating officer of Coca-Cola's North American division, called Coca-Cola Classic and Universal Studios "a powerful marketing combination."<<<

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030107
/food_cocacola_1.html

This really does not speak of anything regarding Coke's relationship with Disney, although the company's enthusiasm to sign such a major deal with Universal is interesting.

I think the real loser in all of this is Pepsi Co., which has just seen it's chances of being associated with all of the major theme park operators in the country slip to zero. Pepsi lost it's remaining deals with Six Flags on January 1st to Coca Cola.

Rider

Coke will take any deal they can get. They don't care how many other parks server Coke. As long as they serve it.

That being said... all Cedar Fair parks serve Pepsi.

ToTBellHop

Glad to hear Six Flags will now be serving Coke products...my park was one of the annoying ones sticking with Pepsi products, which I loathe...

cymbaldiva

Must say, I am NOT a Pepsi fan!

I am so happy that when I finally return to Orlando, my beverage of choice (Diet Coke!) will be available for me at all of my fav parks! :sohappy:

Dragonrider1227

:cry: WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG? Seriously, though I prefer Coke (actually, I usually drink Root Beer and I usually don't care who supplies it. ;) ) but I can't help but wonder why we can't have BOTH softdrinks in parks. I've seen it done in restraunts.

crazydaveh

Lennyg512 said:
Pepsi is the best. It should be served at Universal and Disney.

Well, you look to be WRONG! Coke is the best! If it's southern, it's Coke!

I'm glad I'll be able to mix adult beverages with coke at Uni! Pepsi and Jack just don't work!

ISTCrew20

Rider said:
Coke will take any deal they can get. They don't care how many other parks server Coke. As long as they serve it.

That being said... all Cedar Fair parks serve Pepsi.
Anheuser Busch parks still serve Pepsi (Seaworld and Busch Gardens).

Coke will probably be at WDW for a long LONG time.

Oh yea, I've been wondering this for a long time: wasn't Coke honored with being one of the "official" sponsors of Disney parks for all 50 years? (since Disneyland opened) If that's true, then why was Walt Disney quoted in saying "people can buy Pepsi-Cola, but they can't ______ in the steet". By the way, that was when he was under fire for having too many bathrooms, but not many water fountains. It was actually because of a plumber strike.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom