Coaster Designs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I dont think that is 100% right in the case of RnR.
Vekoma sent along design software and a lot of suggested designs to WDI. Using the Vekoma supplied tools, WDI developed the track layout that they required, which was then fabricated by Vekoma. WDI then built everything else, including the building and flats, pad, security booth, backup, and ride system.

Primeval Whirl on the other hand is thankfully nothing to do with WDI. (If it was I would be fearing for the future of Imagineering LOL) ;)

Blizz

Original Poster
Well that is the case with most coasters. Companies like Chance Morgan, Intimen, Arrow Dynamics, and Vekoma all let their clients "design" the ride but they for the most part have more control over the manfucturing and the technology. True, companies like Zamperla and Reverchon (both make that "Wild Mouse" type coaster) make "cookie-cutter" coasters and for disney they just added some detail to the cars and theming.

At least they are not at the Six Flags level where themeing only consists of a fancy cover on the Coke vending machines.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Dean[AU]
RnRC is the same track exactly as Superman: The Ride

But RnR came first ;) and with Superman they forgot the onride audio, the themeing, oh and the building! ;)

Blizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by trendymagic
Which Superman? and where is it? There are several I know as Superman... but not that familiar with them.

Superman: The Ride is located at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Vilencia California. It uses LIM motors to shoot the car forward and up a vertical tower similar to that of "Double Shot" by S&S Power. It then runs the LIM motors in reverse to break the car as it comes it.

RRC works the same way by using LIM motors to shoot you up insted of a chain-lift pulling you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
OK now you lost me!

RnR is the same track layout as "Superman The Ride" at Six Flags Holland, not any of the USA based Superman rides.

trendymagic

Originally posted by Blizz
Superman: The Ride is located at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Vilencia California. It uses LIM motors to shoot the car forward and up a vertical tower

This is the one I was thinking of at first and was trying to figure out how it was like RnR, now you have answered that.

The one Steve mentioned is more like it in track layout... I didn't even know Six Flags had a park over there.

That is one thing about Six Flags that gets annoying... The give the same name to a different style ride in each of its parks.

Blizz

Original Poster
Six Flags owns two parks in Europe. One is in I think France (might be wrong) and I know they have one in Spain. Thats how they get away with the saying "The most coasters worldwide!"

Blizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
The 2 european Six Flags parks are in Holland and Belgium.

Actually there are many more then just that. And I was right they also have them in Spain and France.

sfpww.gif

jmarc63

Vekoma sent along design software and a lot of suggested designs to WDI. Using the Vekoma supplied tools, WDI developed the track layout that they required, which was then fabricated by Vekoma. WDI then built everything else, including the building and flats, pad, security booth, backup, and ride system.

Primeval Whirl on the other hand is thankfully nothing to do with WDI. (If it was I would be fearing for the future of Imagineering LOL) ;)

steve based on recent events Imanigineers seem to be on the endangerd list already, maybe not the term and the jobs associated with them but the long time inhouse person that has always been a staple of the creative team at WDI which started out as WED Ent. as the creative arm of Walt Disney production in the post DL pre WDW era. It seems everything is going out of house more than ever, I guess it's a double edge sword being that Walt created the modern theme park and with that imitation and other compamies to suply that market, So it seems its come full circle we go from inventing the ride systems to partnering with a manufacture in a high tech cad design to manufacture to Disney spects instead of manufacturing it them selfs. Boy have times changed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Blizz
Actually there are many more then just that. And I was right they also have them in Spain and France.

sfpww.gif

I was referring to the fact that there are only 2 "Six Flags" branded parks. All the others your graphic pointed to are things like Warner Brothers parks etc, which are owned by Six Flags, but not named "Six Flags".

Roey

Take a look at this Vekoma designed coaster and tell me what you think. Looks exactly the same to me but only outside. http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery769.htm?Picture=8

coasterchik

RnR Coaster

Seeing as I used to work at Coaster, here are some things about it. It is powered by an LSM a.k.a. Linear Synchronis Motor w/ a pusher car. The LSM only serves to launch the ride vehicle and get it up to speed for the first inversion. From there on out it is like a regular coaster for the most part. There are 7 different brake zones in public view and those have booster on them to keep the car moving. (basically big tires that catch the fin and pull it through) Each vehicle has its own soundtrack and there are several hidden mickeys throughout the ride (2 of which you will never see). The highest point of the ride is Zone 3 which is approx. 9 stories up. Any more questions??? PM me and I'll try to answer them.

DarkMeasures

wdwmagic said:

About Primevil Whril, Six Flags Great America has a much more eye-pleasing clone just because it has no bells and whistles. (and a large New Orleans themed facade).

I want to know about Everest, was this (track) designed by both WDI and Vekoma or just Vekoma?

Yen_Sid1

Designed by WDI but in conjunction with Vekoma. Orginally, they wanted to go with B & M, but they wouldn't let WDI customize their design, it was their design or nothing. So they went with Vekoma who was much more flexible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom