CMs at Character Dining

GoofyTink

Hi again,

Thanks so much for all your tips everyone has been sooooo helpful. I have another question for you guys. My BF and I are planning to go to a couple of character meals while we're down in Disney and would like to take pictures with teh characters together. However, we are not going with anyone else so I was wondering if there would be any CM's on hand to take pictures of us. Is this something CM's usually assist with. My BF's fav is Goofy so I'm really hoping to get a pic of the 3 of us during our dinner in Liberty Tavern. Thanks again for the suggestions.

MouseearsDeb

Welcome!

Most of the time, in our experience, there is a CM traveling along with the characters. You know, for security reasons and such. ;) Don't want anyone mobbing Mickey! Anyway, we've never had a problem asking them to take a picture, and a lot of times they will suggest it. One thing though, make sure to take a camera that is EASY to operate. Last year at Sci Fi, the CM was taking our picture with our digital camera and was having a really hard time.:veryconfu The picture did not turn out well at all. :( We know our camera's quirks, but it's just too much for them to know everyones. So, maybe take one of the disposable type just for the group shot. Then maybe if you have a digital do a few individuals with one of you with the character then swap up.

Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

col

the CM at DB kept on saying to me that he would take my photo for me coz i was by myself but i didnt want my pic taken and the people at the next table offered to take my pic for me but again i refused. the CM's i have met are happy to take pics for you all you have to do is asked them nicely and sometimes they offer themselves to take the pics.

have fun!!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

On another note, the CM's around the parks will even be happy to take pictures of the three of you.
Most PhotoPass photographers took a few with their cameras, then asked for one of ours to take some more pictures on our cameras.
My friend and I just got back, and if we saw other families taking a picture (leaving one member out) we volunteered to take their picture if they would take one of us. Most people happlily obliged!

Upvote 0

LilRoo714

At the restaurants in my experience the CM is not always on hand. I would not hesitate to ask guests at a nearby table as they are usually just as excited to see the characters and you could return the favor by photographing them. I ate at both Ohana and Chef Mickey and saw no CM following the characters. They were sometimes across the restaurant and I didn't want to yell for them you know? :zipit: The people at the next table were very obliging!:wave:

Upvote 0

Goofy20

We have been to 2 character breakfasts recently and there were no CM's with them...My gf and I had to take turns taking pics...wasn't that big of a deal but it would be nice for a CM to be with them to take pics. We ate at Chef Mickey's and Cape May. We will be doing 1900 Park Fare breakfast sunday so we will see if any will be there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom