Club Level Rooms on sale starting June 4

Tinker218

I booked the BWI club level room for February. It is my 50th anniversary and my husband is currently going through chemo treatments for cancer. I have NEVER paid rack rate, I am a retired cast member, and it really was hard to pay the amount I did. When cast rates are released for next year I will try to get one, but life is short and it is a special occasion, so I decided to go for it. It is where we always stay and I am happy it will be open for this very special trip.

Chip318

Just booked BWI for Oct. 8-17 standard club level. Any reviews would be appreciated??? We have only done the club level at GF and BC. Hope it’s good.

Tinker218

Just booked BWI for Oct. 8-17 standard club level. Any reviews would be appreciated??? We have only done the club level at GF and BC. Hope it’s good.
Stan rooms can be either garden or boardwalk view rooms. The lounge is small, but the food is amazing! They have a chef there in the evenings, Redgie, who is fantastic. We have become great friends with home over the past few years and I messaged him to make sure he will be back. He is hoping to be, he is currently at Trattoria on the Boardwalk. Before COVID they offered sandwiches in the afternoon along with veggies and dips, chips, popcorn and a really cool candy bar set up. Evening apps were awesome and consisted of Mac and cheese, NY strip steak, scallops pasta primavera, salads, meatballs, and so many other wonderful things. On Sundays they had Mickey waffles made by the chef. The cast are amazing there also.

Chip318

Stan rooms can be either garden or boardwalk view rooms. The lounge is small, but the food is amazing! They have a chef there in the evenings, Redgie, who is fantastic. We have become great friends with home over the past few years and I messaged him to make sure he will be back. He is hoping to be, he is currently at Trattoria on the Boardwalk. Before COVID they offered sandwiches in the afternoon along with veggies and dips, chips, popcorn and a really cool candy bar set up. Evening apps were awesome and consisted of Mac and cheese, NY strip steak, scallops pasta primavera, salads, meatballs, and so many other wonderful things. On Sundays they had Mickey waffles made by the chef. The cast are amazing there also.

Thank you! I’m more excited now.

Tinker218

We do it every trip, usually at the Boardwalk. I am a retired cast member, so I get am awesome discount. For my February trip I booked at rack rate because the cast rates don’t come out until July. My husband is currently going through chemo treatments and we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in February. He told me to go ahead and book the room anyway. If we get a discount fine, if not don’t worry about it. His cancer has put our thinking in a whole new light. The thing about the BW club level is the chef at night cooks amazing apps! We have had everything from scallops to NY strip steak. He cooks all types of pasta dishes and will cater to dietary needs. Chef Redgie is just amazing and we love all the cast there.

Ayla

We do it every trip, usually at the Boardwalk. I am a retired cast member, so I get am awesome discount. For my February trip I booked at rack rate because the cast rates don’t come out until July. My husband is currently going through chemo treatments and we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in February. He told me to go ahead and book the room anyway. If we get a discount fine, if not don’t worry about it. His cancer has put our thinking in a whole new light. The thing about the BW club level is the chef at night cooks amazing apps! We have had everything from scallops to NY strip steak. He cooks all types of pasta dishes and will cater to dietary needs. Chef Redgie is just amazing and we love all the cast there.
You're assuming all of that will be coming back post-covid.

James Alucobond

For the life of me I will never understand why anyone pays for club level. It is easily Disney’s biggest sucker bet going. Oh well, to each his/her own.
I mean, I certainly take them for all they're worth with the unlimited dessert petit fours, drinks, and continental breakfast. The lunch and dinner offerings are more meager, but it's nice not having to make a breakfast reservation unless I want something special like Kona Cafe, plus I literally never feel deprived if I don't order dessert with dinner. I also just like to spend a lot of time chilling in the Grand Floridian atrium listening to the piano, so it's nice to have a separate space for that where kids aren't running circles around the couches in their Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gear. Certainly not for everyone, but since I only go every few years, I generally figure I might as well.

Tinker218

You're assuming all of that will be coming back post-covid.
I did talk to Redgie recently and he said he will be back up in the lounge when it reopens. I certainly hope that means he will be cooking. He always plated everything and served the guests. It wasn’t a free for all. I would imagine the cast will be serving guests when it reopens.

Tinker218

I mean, I certainly take them for all they're worth with the unlimited dessert petit fours, drinks, and continental breakfast. The lunch and dinner offerings are more meager, but it's nice not having to make a breakfast reservation unless I want something special like Kona Cafe, plus I literally never feel deprived if I don't order dessert with dinner. I also just like to spend a lot of time chilling in the Grand Floridian atrium listening to the piano, so it's nice to have a separate space for that where kids aren't running circles around the couches in their Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gear. Certainly not for everyone, but since I only go every few years, I generally figure I might as well.
I enjoy grabbing a quick sandwich at lunch also. My son likes being able to make snack bags for the kids to take to the parks along with juice boxes. My husband and I worked hard before we retired and are now enjoying the fruits of our labor. Like I have previously stated I get great discounts as a retired cast member, but our next trip I booked at rack rate. When you are faced with a catastrophic illness your priorities change and we decided to spend our money!

Last edited:
The Polynesian Club Level lounge is currently being refurbished alongside the rooms, so perhaps they don't want to list it until they're certain it will be ready? Can't imagine it wouldn't be even with the potential for delays, though.
Something to do with the refurbishment was my guess as well. I really wanted to get something booked but now I don't know whether to wait or book a second choice just in case things start filling up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom