Club 33

agent86

has anyone got to get in there, either in DL or Tokyo?

I've gotten to do it twice at the DL one. It was a very cool experience both times!

The first time was about 16 years ago and I went there for dinner. We watched Fantasmic from the balcony, and although that was cool, it was a tiny bit of a let down because there's this big tree blocking a portion of the view (watching from the balcony of the Disney Gallery was actually better). Dinner was really good and the service was incredible. I remember being really blown away by how much bigger it is inside than you would imagine it to be. Almost the entire top floor of that section of New Orleans Square is actually Club 33.

The second time I went was about 4 years ago. That time, I went there for brunch. I actually enjoyed it even more the second time. Once again, the food was great and the service was impeccable. I also liked it better being there in the day time for some reason. We spent more time walking around and checking out the different rooms.

If you ever get a chance to go, I would highly recommend it. Some people will probably tell you that its only worth it just to be able to say you did it. But I just really thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would do it again in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

3IAlienKid

Got to go to DL's with some friends for Sunday Brunch about 5 years ago. If you get the opportunity, jump at the chance as it's an absolute must for anyone who appreciates park history.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Members only club and restaurant at Disneyland.

agent86

How do you even get to go to Club 33??

Generally you have to be a member yourself (which is very expensive and there's a long waiting list to join) or be the guest of a member. Another way (and this is how I was able to go twice) is if you work for a company that has a membership, or you are the guest of someone who works for a company that has a membership. For me it was the latter on both occasions, but it was two different companies and two different friends. The cool thing is that if you have reservations, then you go to guest relations outside the main gate and when they confirm your reservation, they give you a pass for yourself and everyone in your party into the park.

DizneyPryncess

I'm so jealous of those who have gotten to see Club 33. It sounds strange - but 33 is my lucky number and has been since I was a kid. I went through a time that I was obsessed with it. When I found out Disney had a "secret" Club 33 I wanted to be a member sooo badly.

But then I found out it was DL only, and quite expensive. I would LOVE to go visit one day as a guest of someone. Agent86, thanks for sharing your story! I enjoyed reading it. I had no idea that non-members had any way of getting in. :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
How do you even get to go to Club 33??
Know a person, do the secret handshake, wear the right hat.

illuminatiEYE.jpg

TP2000

I have been to Club 33 at Disneyland twice, as a guest of Standard Oil of California (AKA Chevron, and sponsor of Autopia).

For me the biggest thrill about Club 33 was being able to order a properly made and top shelf martini, plus wine with dinner, inside Disneyland. It's the only place in Disneyland that serves alcohol. The second biggest thrill is riding up in the cage elevator that was used in the filming of The Happiest Millionaire.

It's a beautifully decorated and furnished facility, the service was great, and the food was wonderful. But it's the cocktails that make it truly exotic.

For the record however, I would still choose a dinner at Napa Rose at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. That dinner experience still outshines Club 33 when it comes to service and quality. But Club 33 is a must for a Disney fan.

I don't think a Club 33 would work in WDW. Central Florida doesn't have the same demographic of corporate entertaining and wealthy locals to sustain a private membership club. Southern California is a different place than Central Florida, and SoCal locals have a different relationship with Disneyland than Floridians have with WDW. Club 33 could only work in big, affluent metro areas like Southern California or Tokyo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom