Cloth Diapers?

Jsmama

Original Poster
We cloth diaper our little guy (almost a year old) and have been contemplating a trip "home" in September or October. Has anyone ever cloth diapered while at Disney? We would likely be staying in a villa with washer and dryer, but we would need to carry around a lot of diapers...

Any thoughts?

Any cloth diaper people have suggestions for disposable diapers they like?

Spikerdink

A suggestion would be to get a locker at the front of every park when you enter each day and leave your diapers there. When/if you ran out, all you needed to do would be to replenish your stock without worry and don't have to lug around all the extra diapers.

Although, this does not help you deal with the soiled diapers that you need to account for.

I do applaud your family for using cloth diapers - you are helping to reduce our landfill/garbage problems in a good way.

If you are going to change over to disposable for your vacation, I always reccomend Huggies!

DisneyAubs

We use cloth diapers on my DD (18 months) except at bedtime. I've been contemplating bringing them with us in June, but we are staying at Pop and I just don't want to spend part of my vacation tending to diaper laundry...so sposies it is! If I were staying at at villa with W/D I would be taking our CDs for sure. Here are a few thoughts:

1. You could use a hybrid system like Flips, Grovia, gDiapers with sposie inserts. I haven't used sposie inserts myself, but when I researched the topic I found that a lot of mamas like Flip covers, but not the inserts so they recommended using gDiaper of Grovia inserts in the Flips covers.

2. Your son may not be going through as many diapers by the time you go in September or October. My DD has started to hold it and then flood the gates so to speak, so I'm finding that we aren't using as many diapers in day now.

3. Will you be going back to the villa for a midday break/nap? If so, then you won't have to carry around a huge amount of diapers at once. You'll be able to reload the bag when you go back to the villa.

Sumrdog

We used the Gdiaper inserts when we traveled with our own cloth covers. The inserts are disposable, all natural wood pulp. They say they are flush able but I wouldn't put them in my septic. Anyway that seemed the easiest thing for traveling.

kimberlymautz

My cousin had this issue when they went to DisneyLand last year, and they ended up just buying Pampers from somewhere and using those for the majority of the trip. Cloth diapers are awesome, but can be a pain when traveling. Good luck and enjoy your trip! :)

Sneezy62

I'm a stay at home Dad who cloth diapers...except on vacation. Get a box of Huggies. Everything else breaks our little guy out. You'll have lots of things you would rather do than wait for the diaper cycle to finish so you can put them in the dryer before bed. kudos for doing the best thing for your baby and the environment!

What type of diapers do you use? I wonder if a few diaper covers with inserts or prefolds would be more doable rather than, for example, enough AIOs or pockets for the trip.

DrummerAlly

I cloth diaper and am generally anti-disposables, but I will admit that I used them when we went to WDW with our little one in December. I agree with the PP about using inserts with covers rather than AIOs or pockets if those are already in your stash. I think its do-able, especially if you'll be in a villa. Go for it and have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom