Cleveland Ohio Zoo to get Bull Elephant From Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Captain Hank

Ah, yes, Willy. He's a very cool elephant, and I'm going to miss him. Though, he did have the habit of becoming...*ahem*..."visibly excited" in a way that only male elephants can be. Safaris should be a little bit less awkward once he's relocated.

rsoxguy

Ah, yes, Willy. He's a very cool elephant, and I'm going to miss him. Though, he did have the habit of becoming...*ahem*..."visibly excited" in a way that only male elephants can be. Safaris should be a little bit less awkward once he's relocated.

Um...yuck.

WishingOnAStar

Like how? Like he jumped up and down and cheered? :goodnevil

I actually feel sorry for the little guy. Who would want to leave Disney World for Cleveland?

PurpleDragon

Like how? Like he jumped up and down and cheered? :goodnevil

I actually feel sorry for the little guy. Who would want to leave Disney World for Cleveland?

Do you really have to ask? Put it this way, I'm sure they are sending him to Cleveland for him to mate with the females already housed there.

EDIT: Just noticed the smiley, I totally missed the sarcasm there.:hammer:

fosse76

That's nothing! The last time I went through the drive-through safari at Six Falgs Great Adventure, the male lion was very visibly mating with a female.

stitch2008

Hey now. Don't be hating. There's nothing wrong with Cleveland. He can always chill the suburbs with all the cool people. :wave:

As someone from the Cleveland area I'm excited to see him arrive. But he probably wont be here till May 2011. Thats when our Elephant area reopens after a two year refurbishment. The designs for it look amazing and a lot of people around here are excited to see it open.

_Scar

Poor elephant...

[youtube]oZzgAjjuqZM[/youtube]

"our main export is crippling depression"

"our economy is based on Lebron James"

mickey2008.1

I live in Cleveland, well a suburb, and its not that bad. Its no Disney world, but like any city, once your 15 miles out, its quite beautiful. Ive seen the new elephant exhibit, and it will be great for willy. Its way bigger than the old space they had. Much more room to roam around out side and more for the elephants to do. Its cool knowing that a part of disney is coming here, as this city has lost so much. And another interesting point, Cleveland has become a food mecca over the past ten years. We have some of the best restaurants and eateries around. We have been spotlighted by Michael Symon, Anthony Bourdain, Diners drive ins and dives, and Adam richman to name a few.

RSoxNo1

One of the AK's bull elephants is coming here to the Birmingham Zoo, as well (new "Trails of Africa" exhibit coming soon!). Is AK getting out of the bull elephant business, I gather?

I know Animal Kingdom has at least one elephant that never goes on stage. It also has one of the largest elephant herds in the country so the thought may be that with the recent births they can afford to give up some elephants, especially if it fosters additional captive births.

drew81

Is Mac the elephant is still on the safari???

stitch2008

Poor elephant...

"our main export is crippling depression"

"our economy is based on Lebron James"

I hope you enjoy LeFraud. He seems to be doing wonders for that "super team" Heat. They have the about the same record as that horrible Cavs team that plays in Cleveland. :ROFLOL:

- Second largest theatre complex in United States(second to Lincoln Center New York)
- Cleveland Clinic; one of the best hospitals in the world and developing breast cancer vaccine.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Peyton Hillis and Colt McCoy

Oh yeah. It's a horrible place.:ROFLOL:

TheAmazingBobbo

I too, live in a Cleveland suburb and while our city has been on the downswing for several years now, I can honestly say I'm proud to be from Cleveland.

That said,

Who would want to leave WDW for any city once you're there?

Captain Hank

Is Mac the elephant is still on the safari???
I'm afraid that I don't know all of the names of all of the elephants in the herd. I'm pretty sure it's Mac that shows up in the bull pen every so often when it isn't Willy or a small family herd, but don't quote me on it.

By the way, I did exactly the opposite of Willy--I ran away from Cleveland to take up residence near Orlando.

ABigBrassBand

Well, I'm sure Willy is appreciated by the ladies for sure--or is he?

It'd be interesting to see how he does in Cleveland, since he's lived in DAK for so long, but then again they're both relatively the same environment, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom