Cinderella's Royal Table w/ boys??

PrincessL

Original Poster
So, I would really love to experience this but I have 3 boy's 2,4,&6. I think they would think it was really cool to eat inside the castle and from reading blogs and looking at tons of pics I was surprised by how masculine it looks on the inside. However, I know there aren't any princes that visit just the princesses. So, I guess my question is would it be a total waste of $$$ to eat here with 4 boys(including my husband)? My hope is that they are young enough that it would still be a magical moment but you tell me! TIA!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They have souvenir swords to give the little boys (and men too) instead of the wand that the girls get. It's a must do experience even without kids (yes I got my wand and my DH got his sword that we still have hehe) so I say go for it even with little boys. It's awesome to be dining inside the castle. ;)

Disney4family

My son loved it at all those ages. He grew up on all of the Disney movies including all of the classic princess movies. He loved being inside the castle. He loved meeting the princesses. He loved the wishing ceremony. He still loves his swords and wishing stars. Even as he got older, he never complained that it was too "girly" for him.
It is expensive. It's an exciting, "magical", Disney experience in a beautiful setting.
It may be the perfect time to enjoy the "magic" of this character meal before they turn into pirates (;)). You know your children best.

PrincessL

Original Poster
My son loved it at all those ages. He grew up on all of the Disney movies including all of the classic princess movies. He loved being inside the castle. He loved meeting the princesses. He loved the wishing ceremony. He still loves his swords and wishing stars. Even as he got older, he never complained that it was too "girly" for him.
It is expensive. It's an exciting, "magical", Disney experience in a beautiful setting.
It may be the perfect time to enjoy the "magic" of this character meal before they turn into pirates (;)). You know your children best.
Thanks! This is very helpful. My ADR window is in a couple of weeks and I'm going to try!!

Phonedave

If your kids - of any gender - like Cinderella and the idea of eating in her Castle, then they will enjoy it.

If your kids - of any gender - dont like Cinderella and the idea of eating in her Castle, then they will most likely not enjoy it.

As an aside, if anybody - of any gender - goes in expecting some wonderful meal, they will be sorely disappointed.

-dave

I have eaten there many times with my daughter who is now 25. We took her son there when he was 4 and 6 and will be eating there again in December. The food is much better at Be Our Guest but my grandson loved it. He got the sword and loves seeing his Mom and Aunts interaction with the Princesses... He really actually loved them too. I think your boys will end of loving just eating int the castle.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If your kids - of any gender - like Cinderella and the idea of eating in her Castle, then they will enjoy it.

If your kids - of any gender - dont like Cinderella and the idea of eating in her Castle, then they will most likely not enjoy it.

As an aside, if anybody - of any gender - goes in expecting some wonderful meal, they will be sorely disappointed.

-dave
If anyone - of any gender - is not paying the tab, their opinion really doesnt matter and they should be grateful to the person that is.

docdebbi

Our three boys loved it. aged at the time 2-4-6. They had sword fights with each other, their mother, their father, and that knight standing beside their mother. Being in the castle and being knights was as enticing to our boys as the princesses were to the girls I have taken. The little two guys also loved the princesses, the older one, nothing special for him. But trust me, the medieval castle was special for him. And the rest of the trip they talked about having been up inside the castle. Go for it

dsc02046-jpg.139952

dsc02047-jpg.139949

BigChris77

I'm with Dave on this one. If your boys like the idea of going and eating in Cinderella's castle, then they're going to love it. Otherwise I think they'd be bored stiff.

Personally, I'm 39 and a half and I like the idea, as does my 4 year old god-son. My other half would rather stick pins in his eyes..

What have they said about it?

PrincessL

Original Poster
Our three boys loved it. aged at the time 2-4-6. They had sword fights with each other, their mother, their father, and that knight standing beside their mother. Being in the castle and being knights was as enticing to our boys as the princesses were to the girls I have taken. The little two guys also loved the princesses, the older one, nothing special for him. But trust me, the medieval castle was special for him. And the rest of the trip they talked about having been up inside the castle. Go for it

dsc02046-jpg.139952

dsc02047-jpg.139949
I appreciate the advice and ❤️ The pics!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
I'm with Dave on this one. If your boys like the idea of going and eating in Cinderella's castle, then they're going to love it. Otherwise I think they'd be bored stiff.

Personally, I'm 39 and a half and I like the idea, as does my 4 year old god-son. My other half would rather stick pins in his eyes..

What have they said about it?
We haven't told them that we are going yet and won't be until after our ADR window opens. My oldest would say that he is anti-princess but (secretly) loved meeting Anna and Elsa last trip. The main reason would be to eat in the castle and the swords will prob be a big selling point for them. I just didn't know if meeting the princesses was the only reason to do this experience, but according to the majority of replies the ambiance is just as much fun. Which make me think my family would enjoy this!

BigChris77

We haven't told them that we are going yet and won't be until after our ADR window opens. My oldest would say that he is anti-princess but (secretly) loved meeting Anna and Elsa last trip. The main reason would be to eat in the castle and the swords will prob be a big selling point for them. I just didn't know if meeting the princesses was the only reason to do this experience, but according to the majority of replies the ambiance is just as much fun. Which make me think my family would enjoy this!

I think you're probably right.. :)

Reggie Colorado

The Princesses are very good at their jobs and have plenty of experience interacting with boys who may not be into princesses. Unlike his sister, our impatient 7 year old boy usually has no interest in princesses but had fun when they joked with him. In particular, Snow White was a fast talking riot. Also go early and ask for a table near a window. The view is unique.

Phonedave

If anyone - of any gender - is not paying the tab, their opinion really doesnt matter and they should be grateful to the person that is.

Their OPINION does matter. They should still be grateful, but that does not negate their opinion.

As a parent who is paying for a child to go to a venue, of course their opinion matters, even if the parent is paying.

If it is an adult treating an other adult to a meal, then the person who is picking up the tab should be given some leeway in the chioce of dining venue, but to totally neglect the opinion of the dining partner runs counter to the point of taking somone out to dinner. "Hey, I am taking you out to dinner, my treat. I know you hate seafood, but we are going to this awesome seaffod place that serves nothing but fish, because that is where I want to go, and I am paying."

Now of course if the person had s soup AND salad, and crumbled crackers in the soup - then that does constitute a meal, even if they did give you an Armani suit (now thats a refrence)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom