Christmas trees in resort rooms?

darrin

Original Poster
My sister is going to WDW for Christmas this year and has heard that they, possibly,
decorate resort hotel rooms w/a tree...any truth to this? Thanks.

Mystic

As far as I know it is possible to get a tree in your hotel room but you have to request it and there may be a fee for it. I think you may even be able to keep the tree but I'm not 100% sure about that.:xmas:

hcswingfield

We carried our own little silver tinsel tabletop tree last year when we stayed at the Boardwalk, and had fun finding Mickey decorations to bring "home" each night to add to the tree. Note: No one at WDW sells hangers to put the ornaments on the tree with. We got inventive and tied them on with dental floss. If you are planning on decorating your own tree, be sure and get some little ornament hangers to take with you.

crazygirley

You can get a tree from Disney, but I believe it costs around $100,000.

;)

Buy a little pre-lit fake one from Target or somewhere and bring that along. They usually Flod down and become small, so they would be easy to pack, and easy to enjoy!!!

Have fun!

swimmom

Last year, we took a string of Christmas lights with an extension to put up in the room. I wish that I had brought two, because when we got there we noticed that lots of people put lights out on their balconies too.

FYI the suitcase that I had the lights & extension cord in was inspected by the TSA. I'm not surprised, and I'm glad they are doing their job!

shoppingnut

Mystic said:
As far as I know it is possible to get a tree in your hotel room but you have to request it and there may be a fee for it.:xmas:

What, a fee at WDW, you must be mistaken. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cruiser237

We went to Disney in December of 04 and we stayed in the Princess Suite at the Polynesian...we came home one night and there were two fully decorated trees in our suite. :king:

stitch1626

I had a tree delivered to my room last year. It was a 3 foot tree from Disney Florist. It is fiber optic and comes decorated in disney ornaments mostly little plush characters and non breakable pieces. It cost about $200.00 for it.

DVCconvert

darrin said:
My sister is going to WDW for Christmas this year and has heard that they, possibly,
decorate resort hotel rooms w/a tree...any truth to this? Thanks.

Your options are:

1) Ship an artifical tree to the resort prior to their arrival.

2) They can buy one at a local store (must be artifical to be used in a resort)

3) Contact Disney Florists, they offer 1, sometimes 2 diffent versions of pre-decorated trees ( cost about $ 200 I believe-which is then yours and you can call them the day before check out and they will ship it home). This can sometimes be set up in a room prior to check in, but I'm only personally aware of this happening in the case of guests staying at the concerige level.

HTH

Nemo14

TAC said:
Just go out into the wilds area, find a nice tree, cut it down, and haul it up to your room.

Don't forget to bring your tree stand, lights, ornaments, etc. from home.

Leave a note for housekeeping to water it for you while you are out in the parks.
I heard they'll even decorate it with cute little towel animals if you tip them enough!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom