christmas tree at mk

HouCuseChickie

We went to WDW last year just after parade taping ... we got to talking w/a CM about how we were torn between the first and second week in Dec and he informed us we made a good choice by going w/the second week and post taping since wouldn't have seen the MK tree had we come pre-parade taping.

rangerbob

In years past it goes up before but over by the castle. After the parade taping they move it to the Main Street location.

RICKY MOUSE

I have been to the taping of Christmas parade the last 2 years and can confirm that he tree is not up until AFTER the taping. Last year for example Ryan Secrest was tapng his segments on a small stage on the area the tree was later erected.

Hi, Does anyone know what the dates are for parade filming this year? I'll be there from Nov. 25 - Dec. 4. Also, don't they have garlands with wreaths strung across Mainstreet? Or is that the same as the tree and not put up until after the filming? Just curious. Thanks!

Rob562

Hi, Does anyone know what the dates are for parade filming this year? I'll be there from Nov. 25 - Dec. 4. Also, don't they have garlands with wreaths strung across Mainstreet? Or is that the same as the tree and not put up until after the filming? Just curious. Thanks!

The garlands across Main Street are down at least for the weekend of taping. Those might be something that only come down for the weekend, as they're relatively easy to pull down and put back.

As others have said, it's a coin-toss with the tree. Some years they've installed it on the lawn near the rose garden, others they've left it down entirely until after the parade taping. My guess is that due to cost-cutting, you won't see it put up until after the parade.

-Rob

disneygirl1

It's been up before the parade taping the last few December's we been there. I beleive it goes up around thanksgiving weekend.

The garlands across Main Street are down at least for the weekend of taping. Those might be something that only come down for the weekend, as they're relatively easy to pull down and put back.

As others have said, it's a coin-toss with the tree. Some years they've installed it on the lawn near the rose garden, others they've left it down entirely until after the parade taping. My guess is that due to cost-cutting, you won't see it put up until after the parade.

-Rob

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about seeing them if they are not there when we are. There is plenty of other great Christmas stuff to look at and do while there, this would just add to it. Thanks!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom