Christmas time At DLP

Sans Souci

Original Poster
We're planning to go spend Christmas at my in-laws in the UK. We're thinking of a side trip to DLP for 2 or 3 days. I am assuming there will be large crowds, but is it decorated well for the Holidays?

Also, does anyone know of books, websites to help me plan? I have a general idea of the parks, but I am more concerned about things such as transport and accomodation.

Thanks.

jasondiff

I was there in Dec 2010 and it was decorated beautifully. Plus if you are lucky you may even get snow (the real stuff!).

If you are coming from the UK, you can take the Eurostar from London or a few other places directly to DLP. It literally stops right on property, a short walk from the parks and hotels.

I did not stay at an onsite hotel, but I did walk around. The Disneyland Hotel is right at the entrance. The Newport Bay Club is a lot like the Beach Club at WDW and also one of the closer ones. The others (which are cheaper) are a little further walk. Look at Google Maps or something to get an idea of where the hotels are in relation to the parks. Even the farthest Disney hotel is close enough to walk. I'd estimate it's no further than walking from the BoardWalk to DHS.

Bolna

I have never been for Christmas, but I have heard that it is very pretty decorated. Also, Christmas season seems to be very popular in general, not just during the holidays.

I would suggest looking at dlrpmagic.com, it's a great resource for all kind of information.

On-site accommodation is very pricey, but there are more affordable options not so far offsite. Personally, I have never stayed offsite, but am planning to do this for an upcoming trip. My preference would be to stay in one of the hotels in the Val d'europe area. They are only one stop by train away (or you could even walk I think from a few, but it would be 20 minutes or longer).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom