Christmas Sleigh Ride at Wilderness Lodge

burfer

This is my first Thread, wooo hooo! Now that is out of the way, has anyone been on a sleigh ride at the Wilderness Lodge over Christmas? If so, is it worth going on? What do you see on the ride? I did a search, nothing specific came up, so thought I would ask. We are going the first week in Dec., CAN'T WAIT!!! :sohappy: :xmas:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have done the sleigh ride at WL. It cost about $30 for a half hour and it took us through the woods near WL with the sleigh bells jingling. It's actually a carriage that they make look like a sleigh.
I really enjoyed it.

Pam

Upvote 0

col

ive been thinking this over for a while now but what animal(s) pull the sleigh?
is it horses or dogs?
i would be forever greatful if someone could answer this for me.

109 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I think that you should try to book it ahead of time. You can call 407-939-8687 I do believe is the # and I think it books 90 days out.

Pam

Upvote 0

swimmom

We've also done the sleigh ride. There isn't much to actually see, but it can make for a quite relaxing end to a busy day in the parks. After the sleigh ride you could get a cup of hot chocolate at WL and sit by the fireplace too! :slurp:

And you do need to make a reservation in advance.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Is this sleigh ride like the regular hay ride? What I mean is...are there others in the carriage with you or is it just you and your family?

Upvote 0

col

people have said that it costs $30, do they charge more for a single person? and what do yo see in the woods beside trees and all that.

Upvote 0

swimmom

It's actually a carriage ride that can accomodate up to four adults or two adults and three children. It is just your own group. You can't see much of anything in the dark and I have to admit that at first I was a little disappointed, but soon found it very relaxing and quiet! They charge a flat rate no matter how many are in your group, but you might be able to share the cost with some strangers who may be asking about the rides that don't have a reservation. People were asking the driver when we were leaving and also when we came back to WL. But that would just be pure luck!

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

swimmom said:
It's actually a carriage ride that can accomodate up to four adults or two adults and three children. It is just your own group. You can't see much of anything in the dark and I have to admit that at first I was a little disappointed, but soon found it very relaxing and quiet! They charge a flat rate no matter how many are in your group, but you might be able to share the cost with some strangers who may be asking about the rides that don't have a reservation. People were asking the driver when we were leaving and also when we came back to WL. But that would just be pure luck!

Thanks! The hayride we took was also in the dark but the driver told some stories and stopped on the edge of the beach for a few minutes so that we could soak up the view of MK. It was a nice experience so I think we'll try the sleigh ride on our next trip.

Upvote 0

col

ive decided that im going to book it when i get there to save all the hassle. i wouldnt want to share a carriage with anyone, not being nasty or anything but my trip is all about me: ive paid for it all by myself, ive worked really hard for money for my trip so in a way it would be a way of treating myself.

thanks for all the information though.:xmas:

Upvote 0

col

i will try for the number on the disneyworld.co.uk website if its not on there i will try allears.com, i rang wdw reservations up yesterday to book a character breakfast for when im there and they said that i was too early to book and that i should phone back 26th september 2005. the sleigh ride does sound really nice. i will let you know how i get on.

108 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:xmas: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom