Christmas season

frank4369

Hi, hoping I could get my question answered.

I'm planning a trip for the Christmas season, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a difference in crowds from the week after Thanksgiving, and the first full week in December. Not sure if either week is traditionally less crowded than the other, but was hoping if anyone could lend some insight.

Thanks!

Valawen9

I'm not sure about right after Thanksgiving but before I lived here I used to go up either the first or second week of December and crowds weren't that bad. I don't remember waiting longer than 30 minutes for anything. Of course if you utilize the Fastpass system that'll help cut down your wait times. I usually got to do everything I wanted in a day and I'd even do some things two or three times.

Hope that helps a little! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Stitcheriffic

No crowds

We went the Thursday after Thanksgiving 2006 and stayed six days. It was unseasonably warm (in the mid 80s) except for our last full day (Monday). On Saturday MGM was crowded - probably because of the weather - but the parks seemed calm and relaxed most of the time. Fast Passes were readily available for most rides, Pirates never had more than a 10 minute wait, and the MVMCP was spectacular. My DD was in full Cinderella costume that night and very comfortable, and we could literally go on any ride we wanted without waiting. Perhaps the biggest waits were for characters autographs.

Upvote 0

chake

we went on january 3rd of this year and the crowds were not bad. everything was still decorated as well. most we waited was probably 45 min on a few of the bigger rides that we didnt fast pass.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

The Christmas parade is taped the first week in December usually.

We stayed the 2nd week of December and left right before the Holiday Seaason pricing started, not crowded at all. We also stayed Christmas Eve thru a few days later. Bit more crowded but not too bad in the end.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I was there the week after Thanksgiving 2006 and the first week of Dec. in 2005. I didn't notice any differene in crowd levels. Neither week was bad at all. I plan to be there the week after Thanksgiving this year. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

geubux

What does Jan 3 have to do with the question? Anyway, we have gone starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving and the first week of December. The Sunday right after Thanksgiving, the parks were busy as people finished their vacations. The next day, they were almost empty. But it does seem that the first week of Dec is quieter. My theory is that since it is so soon to schools being out, people prefer to wait instead of taking their kids out of school or using vacation at work when they have a week off upcoming anyway.:sohappy: :xmas:

Upvote 0

slowbee

We have gone the last two years in a row for the holiday season. The first year, we were there during the holiday parade taping and last year was after the taping.

We had a much better time last year. Even though it was a fun to be part of the taping that first year, you don't get to enjoy the MK because they have Main Street Blocked off, the christmas tree is moved.. etc.

This year we're planning on going the week of Dec 9th, which should be after the taping.

Also, the pop warner superbowl is played sometime in there, which will add to some crowd levels on the buses.. etc. but that's about it.

Upvote 0

SweetPea

We were there Dec. 3-9 last year. Pop Warner week is usually the first full week of December. If you're not staying at an All-Star, you probably won't notice this very much. The crowds were pretty light and we never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes for anything. The only ride that had a longer wait and we used a FP was for Soarin. The weather was a little strange that week, though. It was really warm one day and we also had some pretty cold days. Have fun!!

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: I would definitely go the week after thanksgiving. the first wk. of Dec. is the filming of the christmas parade and is hectic and all the pop warner cheerleaders and football kids are there. I would go after the 9th if you have to go in Dec.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I was there last year Nov 30-Dec 3. It was over the taping weekend at MK. Friday at MK was not bad with the taping - just a small crowd by the castle stage. The weather was great and crowds were very low. Buses were not crowded either. We left just as Pop Warner was coming in. To me - perfect time. I am planning to go the same time again this year. Enjoy the world at the holiday ~ it is amazing!

Upvote 0

frank4369

Original Poster
Thanks to all for your help. As it turns out, I can't go the week after Thanksgiving, so we'll be there 12/2 - 12/8. If it gets crowded, it'll be fine. I've never been for Christmas so I'm anxious to see the parks decorated more than anything else.

Upvote 0
The christmas season is amazing. We have been there 3 years in a row now around that week. The decorations are beautiful and te crowds are not very high.

This year because of an annual pass we will be going the week before thanksgiving week (Nov 8 - Nov 19). Does anyone know how the crowds are then?

Thanks!

:xmas: :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom