News Christmas religious services at Disney's Contemporary Resort expand to two days for 2019

Tom P.

The Protestant Christmas Service only gets about an hour?

Good luck with that!
They have always allocated an hour for it. But in the past, it was sandwiched in between two Catholic Masses. I never understood how that was supposed to work logistically. Getting people out of Mass and into the Protestant service at the exact same time, with only a 15 minute window, seems to be pushing it. Not to mention, as a Catholic, I can tell you that Masses on major holy days like Christmas tend to take more than an hour. At least this time, the schedule is a little less tight with no Mass before the Protestant service, only after.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Not to mention, as a Catholic, I can tell you that Masses on major holy days like Christmas tend to take more than an hour.
I'd love to see the "guidelines" they give the celebrant... still, the vigil is a great option for those who don't want to chance traffic getting to the Shrine of Mary Queen of the Universe.

Tom P.

I'd love to see the "guidelines" they give the celebrant... still, the vigil is a great option for those who don't want to chance traffic getting to the Shrine of Mary Queen of the Universe.
For me, with a nice church nearby, I would rather go and attend Mass there than at the Contemporary. But I can understand why many people avail themselves of that option. And Mary, Queen of the Universe is offering a total of six Masses between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including the traditional Midnight Mass, so hopefully everyone will be able to find an option that works for them.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The Protestant Christmas Service only gets about an hour?

Good luck with that!

It's very rare in my experience in both growing up in the Southern Baptist and now attending the United Methodist church (both protestant) that services last more than one hour.

ToTBellHop

It's very rare in my experience in both growing up in the Southern Baptist and now attending the United Methodist church (both protestant) that services last more than one hour.
Ever watch WDW guests try to load onto a ride? It’ll take awhile to load into and out of Contemporary. I’ll be loading onto Test Track...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom