Christmas Party Thanksgiving Week

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Thinking of doing the Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom for our family of four. Cost of course is a factor, so my other option is to skip the party and apply the $820 I would spend on that towards getting Lightning Lanes throughout the trip. Any advice?

MissingDisney

We know it’s all expensive and way overpriced but if you’re looking to splurge on a little “extras”, what would be more enjoyable for your family?

Maybe a special day/complete evening to be immersed in all the Christmas magic at the party for 6+ hours to include the parade, fireworks, special treats, photo opps, social lighting and decorations, entertainment, etc. If you’ve never attended, it is a great time and for us Christmas junkies, something really, really special but….expensive and over in an evening.

Or, is your family more of a “yeah, Christmas is nice but we hate waiting in line more when at Disney”-kinda family. Being able to perfectly schedule individual rides or get LL for a few days may be more your preference and make everyone happier longer over the course of your trip.

Everyone’s opinion is valid and reasonable based on what would make them happier.

Thanksgiving week can be a beast with crowds. I will admit a Friday after Thanksgiving was the only time I’ve gone to Magic Kingdom, tried to walk around and enjoy ourselves, and we got so frustrated because we could not even find a walking path in Tomorrowland, we turned around and left the park completely. But others looked to be having the time of their lives!

Doing LLs over the course of a week will spread out the benefit but doing the party may be a great family memory. I’m sure whatever you choose your family will be grateful!

Have a wonderful trip!

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
We know it’s all expensive and way overpriced but if you’re looking to splurge on a little “extras”, what would be more enjoyable for your family?

Maybe a special day/complete evening to be immersed in all the Christmas magic at the party for 6+ hours to include the parade, fireworks, special treats, photo opps, social lighting and decorations, entertainment, etc. If you’ve never attended, it is a great time and for us Christmas junkies, something really, really special but….expensive and over in an evening.

Or, is your family more of a “yeah, Christmas is nice but we hate waiting in line more when at Disney”-kinda family. Being able to perfectly schedule individual rides or get LL for a few days may be more your preference and make everyone happier longer over the course of your trip.

Everyone’s opinion is valid and reasonable based on what would make them happier.

Thanksgiving week can be a beast with crowds. I will admit a Friday after Thanksgiving was the only time I’ve gone to Magic Kingdom, tried to walk around and enjoy ourselves, and we got so frustrated because we could not even find a walking path in Tomorrowland, we turned around and left the park completely. But others looked to be having the time of their lives!

Doing LLs over the course of a week will spread out the benefit but doing the party may be a great family memory. I’m sure whatever you choose your family will be grateful!

Have a wonderful trip!
I pulled the trigger on it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom