Christmas Holidays

Gwen

Everytime I have been at Disney for the holidays, it has been real crowded. Do you think the crowds will be really light this year because of everything going on?:lookaroun

WDWGuy

I don't.

After my visit to WDW about three weeks ago I am not worried about attendance. I can assure you that WDW will have the normal holiday crowds.

what happens when everyone goes to Disney because they think the crowds are going to be light? CROWDS!

Imagine that!

WDWGuy

Upvote 0

MarknSue

I guess "crowds" is subjective, and it was our first visit, but we felt Christmas week 1999 was a lot less busy than 2000, and we put it down to people worrying about the Y2K bug. So we are fairly hopeful that the crowds will be lighter again this year if a lot of people are worried about flying.
Course, the flip side is, we are NOT looking forward to the flight AT ALL!

Upvote 0

Chris

The crowds depend on what you mean by holidays. Do you mean Christmas week? If so then the crowds are always large. Early December has never been too bad though.

Upvote 0

radioandy

For what it's worth, I've been checking some room avails for Dec 26-Jan 1, typically the busiest week of the year, and the All-Stars at least are already gone.
I've been the past two years one week earlier, before Dec 24, and the crowds were moderate to heavy. (45 min waits on all the goodies).
My guess would be everything will be about 5-10 % down from usual, given both the attacks and the sluggish economy. I know my OWN economy is running on the slugglish side, which is why I'll be home for Christmas!
Also, a recent AAA survey predicts holiday travel down 6%.

Upvote 0

Coronado

Are you kidding? People will be wall to wall! The most popular is MK and it's Christmas decorations.....But well worth it...ABC tapes the very merry Christmas parade a few days before it airs on Christmas morning....It is usually done in the AM....Gifts! wow... they already have kiosk tents up all over the parks with some realy neat stuff! Have fun....

Upvote 0

Camelot

Last year I went to Orlando in early December.

The only park that was "crowded" was the MK on Saturday, and I figure it was because of the weekend, not because of the approaching holidays.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom