Christmas Day?

One Dream

Original Poster
I was just wondering how crowded the Magic Kingdom got on Christmas Day. This will be our first time at Disney during Christmas. Also, how are the parks lke during Christmas eve? Any information will be helpful. :xmas:

BG Rugger

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are typically two of the most crowded days of the entire year - occasioanlly reaching park capacity. Be prepared for long lines and big crowds. Dont let it stop you though, its not always that way. And besides, youre at WDW. How bad could it be?:p

Alztybrn

Can you compare it to July 4th? We have been there a couple times then, but never on Christmas day. The 4th is do-able with the right planning and attitude.

Imaginationeer

Christmas Eve and Christmas day can be crowded, but not nearly as bad as new years eve or the fourth of july.

PS- myself and a couple of members are going to have a meet right after Christmas, im going to post the date and time real soon. Hopefully, we'll see you there.

mikemand25

It gets crowded very quick in the morning, I suggest you go later in the day. It wills still be crowded but you will still get on a lot of rides and have a great time with a little patience. If you will be there New Years Eve get into Magic Kingdom early in the afternoon and dont leave because it reaches capacity. Stay for the fireworks, the countdown is awesome to see !!!!

MSTINKHERBELL01

very good advice!!!!

It gets crowded very quick in the morning, I suggest you go later in the day. It wills still be crowded but you will still get on a lot of rides and have a great time with a little patience. If you will be there New Years Eve get into Magic Kingdom early in the afternoon and dont leave because it reaches capacity. Stay for the fireworks, the countdown is awesome to see !!!!

Dwarful

Our first Christmas at WDW was a few years ago. We are going back this year!(yippie) We had two days that MK was closed due to capacity, but reopened later on in the day. Still, we used a stroller only for parade viewing to keep the little ones from getting squished. The worst area was near Liberty Tree Tavern right before the parade. lines from the haunted mansion were really long and you couldn't get through on the sidewalks we had to force our way to our meal and were more than happy to linger for awhile w/the characters and dessert.
But the crowds are happy (mostly) and it doesn't seem bad.

One Dream

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help. Were probally going to go to the Magic Kingdom early on Christmas Day because we just wanna see the atmoshpere. Has it ever closed because there were to many people there for Christams?

wilary

I've been twice for Christmas week. It's very crowded. But if you go in not expecting to do much, it's very enjoyable especially with all of the special decorations and shows.

Both times we did MK on Christmas Eve Day, fearing the park would be at capacity on Christmas Day. We got there at opening, planning to spend the entire day. Last year, the park was pleasing not crowded until 2:00 or so. But by then, we had ridden the rides we wanted to and just enjoyed the shows until it was time for PS Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Then we did Epcot on Christmas Day. Knowing our family would get a late start, we chose Epcot because it's a much larger park and would not fill up as fast as the others. Last year, we got there about noon. There were lines at everything. But it was ok, because we expected as much. Make sure you see the Candlelight Processional and the Xmas Ender to Illluminations. It's a great way to end the evening.

MainSt1993

It's all about your state of mind. :xmas: If you understand and accept that you will be celebrating the joy of Christmas with lots and lots of other merry-makers, you'll have a great time. I always loved working Christmas day at DLR. Yeah, attendance would be near capacity, but as long as you say "I'm here to be here at MK on Christmas day and have fun" you'll be fine. Just accept that you won't get on all the rides. You can see the rest of them another day.

One Dream

Original Poster
We dont really care if we do rides. We just wanna see the all decorations they have for Christmas and everything. We are doing the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. It just going to be fun to be down there for Christmas. :xmas:

Yanks07

We dont really care if we do rides. We just wanna see the all decorations they have for Christmas and everything. We are doing the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. It just going to be fun to be down there for Christmas. :xmas:
Wow, awesome 1-D. We have the same mentality for our trip NYE. Show me the entertainment and we are good. Lucky for us, we go to WDW often and our kids are older (17/18) so rides are not super important. YC-12/30-1/06

Frank Stallone

Zoinks. If you consider a 15 minute wait for the TTA, 10 people deep to watch the parade, and the chance that the power might go out (as it did last year for 3/4 of Disney property) a good time, more power to ya.

That said, it's still a better place to spend the holidays than anywhere else!

the-reason14

In 04 when we went. We had checked into pop half century on christmas day and had basically chilled out in the room and watched the WDW christmas day parade on abc then me and my older bro ventured out to the parks, mk to be exact. Since it was rainy and cold and wet and possibly because it was later on in the day, alot of people were leaving so it wasn't nearly as crowded as it could have been.

the-reason14

oh yea, also forgot to mention they had alot of cancellations on the shows that day. Parade etc. It still was busy but it wasnt unbearable like I expected.

goofyfan13

We went once on Christmas Day in 1999. Since then we have vowed never to go on Christmas Day again, MK was insane. Just like this year, we travel Christmas night from now on. If you want to go to MK on Christmas go for it, it's a cool atmosphere to be in, but expect to have to go whever the crowd goes for a little bit cause it's wall to wall people. Epcot is the place to be when it's busy. :animwink:

pepples22

I was in epcot last christmas for christmas day, it was really nice. There was hardly any queues to get on rides, and it was just nice to be out in the florida sunshine.
We had a giggle about being in England eatting lunch of fish and chips while everyone back home was wrapped in lots of clothes eatting their turkey and watching the christmas movies.
I would love to do it all again over christmas, thought it was magical.

disney9752

wow i didnt realize the power outages were still a problem that week. besides the crowds, be very prepared to wait a long time for food everywhere you go & make sure to bring warm clothes. that week weather can be as high as 90 & been as low as freezing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom