runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Has anyone had a kid run in the kid races? Wondering what that is like. Thinking of my singing my kid up for it.

Just make sure to allow time to get from the finish line at Epcot over to WWoS for the races. There aren't any buses running from there over to WWoS. Races start at 10:30, but I don't know when y'all need to be there.

HiJe

Just make sure to allow time to get from the finish line at Epcot over to WWoS for the races. There aren't any buses running from there over to WWoS. Races start at 10:30, but I don't know when y'all need to be there.

Thanks. I didn't know where the kids races took place. Might need to catch a Minnie Van or Uber.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks. I didn't know where the kids races took place. Might need to catch a Minnie Van or Uber.

If you are trying to get from Epcot over to WWoS, you'll have to walk over to the Epcot entrance to pick up a Minnie Van or Uber.

I started the 10k last year shortly after 6:00 AM and I think I was in the 2nd to last corral. On top of what you estimate your race time to be, I'd add another 15 - 20 minutes after crossing the finish line for getting your medal, snack box, photo taken and slowly make your way to the bus back to your resort. Another 20 minutes to get to your resort. You should be back no later than 8:00 AM, which gives you time to clean up, grab a bite to eat and back on the Expo bus to WWoS.

HiJe

If you are trying to get from Epcot over to WWoS, you'll have to walk over to the Epcot entrance to pick up a Minnie Van or Uber.

I started the 10k last year shortly after 6:00 AM and I think I was in the 2nd to last corral. On top of what you estimate your race time to be, I'd add another 15 - 20 minutes after crossing the finish line for getting your medal, snack box, photo taken and slowly make your way to the bus back to your resort. Another 20 minutes to get to your resort. You should be back no later than 8:00 AM, which gives you time to clean up, grab a bite to eat and back on the Expo bus to WWoS.

Awesome. Thank you for the info. I was thinking roughly the same thing and along the same time line. I could always create my own marathon and just keep running down to WWoS. Only kidding of course.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Awesome. Thank you for the info. I was thinking roughly the same thing and along the same time line. I could always create my own marathon and just keep running down to WWoS. Only kidding of course.

I hope so, the construction around WWoS is a nightmare. 😉

Figment82

Has anyone had a kid run in the kid races? Wondering what that is like. Thinking of my singing my kid up for it.

My daughter is signed up for the diaper dash, but this is our first time participating in any kids race, so I don’t have any firsthand experience.

We did go over to the track during the races for W&D so we could get an idea of what to expect. It’s set up very well but definitely make sure you check the times of the specific race for your child. They give a very broad time range on the event page, but I think it goes 100m, 200m, diaper dash, then 1 mile. They had balls, hula hops, etc. for the kids to play with in the infield, but you don’t want to be waiting around for an hour if you don’t need to be, especially if you’re already crushed for time with the 10K.

HiJe

My daughter is signed up for the diaper dash, but this is our first time participating in any kids race, so I don’t have any firsthand experience.

We did go over to the track during the races for W&D so we could get an idea of what to expect. It’s set up very well but definitely make sure you check the times of the specific race for your child. They give a very broad time range on the event page, but I think it goes 100m, 200m, diaper dash, then 1 mile. They had balls, hula hops, etc. for the kids to play with in the infield, but you don’t want to be waiting around for an hour if you don’t need to be, especially if you’re already crushed for time with the 10K.

Thanks. The times are a little confusing at the moment. The webpage says 10:30 for the 100m, but when I signed up, it says the start time is 9:30. So not sure which it is. Either should be ok as my wife will be there with him while I fight off Alligators, construction, falling Gondola's, etc.... as I try to make my way there after the race.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks. The times are a little confusing at the moment. The webpage says 10:30 for the 100m, but when I signed up, it says the start time is 9:30. So not sure which it is. Either should be ok as my wife will be there with him while I fight off Alligators, construction, falling Gondola's, etc.... as I try to make my way there after the race.

Those will be the least of your problems. 😛

Figment82

Lol! Hopefully the digital guide is released soon so you get the official time. I imagine it would be 10:30, as I’m sure you’re not the only one in a similar situation and they’d take into account parents running the 10K would love to watch their kids run in their races too.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Everyone is waiting for next year. I might take the day off to do early registration. Seriously.

I'm gonna crank up everything at midnight, drink plenty of caffeine, take some Xanax and Prilosec, and pray we don't break the internet. 😆

I would not want to be a runDisney CM answering the phones that day...

LAKid53

Premium Member
I shudder to think what the 2020 race will be like...worse than the inaugural in 2016. Every SW fan will want to participate, so lots of non-runners "running", making the course a nightmare to get through. 🤦

Disney will seriously need to consider restricting access to the official race merchandise to runners the first 2 days of the Expo and limit how many of each item you can purchase. Hoping they'll have a VIP access which I will gladly pay for. I plan on pre-ordering everything I can.

Guess we'll get an idea on July 11th.

Maybe they'll do advanced registration for those who ran this year a week or two after the race, like they've done in the past.

Notes from Neverland

Last year's corrals had bib numbers in the 20,000+ range for the half marathon. Our bibs for this half aren't above 20,000...or even close to it. How is that possible?

RunningKoen

can anyone check the runDisney section of the expo?
I saw a picture of a flyer listing 2 april as the selling date of DLP bibs. Would love to see it confirmed

LAKid53

Premium Member
Last year's corrals had bib numbers in the 20,000+ range for the half marathon. Our bibs for this half aren't above 20,000...or even close to it. How is that possible?

Fewer runners. Only the 5k is sold out. As @Texas84 said, people are waiting for 2020 in hopes the course runs through Galaxy's Edge.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Guide, waivers but no corral assignments posted.

Correction: corral assignments link, which, once again, is messed up. 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom