Choice of restaurants

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Hi guys, I need you connoisseurs, I'll be at wdw from 18th to 26th July. I have currently booked Skipper Canteen, Be Our Guest, Space 220, Yak & Yeti, Via Napoli and Brown Derby. Do you think they are okay? Is there anything I shouldn't miss? I wouldn't want to book for every day but leave some free and choose on the spot. Also can you confirm that I can cancel up to two hours in advance without penalty and that nothing will be taken from my credit card with the booking? Will I also be able to pay with cash or another credit or debit card?

christine7257

I think these are good choices and, yes, cash/credit/debit would be acceptable payment at any of them. The 2-hour cancellation policy applies to all ... my one caution is I had a situation where the app was down/not working when trying to cancel so I called (imagine I could have taken a screen shot and shown to guest services as well). Be Our Guest and Space 220 (restaurant; lounge is different) are prix fixe meals so would keep that in mind. If a frequent visitor and/or wanting more flexibility, strongly recommend the Landry's Select Club for Yak & Yeti - allows priority seating without reservations, earn rewards for $ spent, annual $25 birthday award/credit. Hope you have a great trip!!

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thanks a lot for the answer. For Yak & Yeti I wouldn't benefit from the extra points so I'll leave it like that. For space 220, what is the difference between lounge and restaurant? Better restaurant right?

christine7257

Thanks a lot for the answer. For Yak & Yeti I wouldn't benefit from the extra points so I'll leave it like that. For space 220, what is the difference between lounge and restaurant? Better restaurant right?
In the lounge you're able to order a la carte from a different menu OR order the full prix fixe from the restaurant menu. I think you might be able to order appetizers and desserts from the prix fixe menu individually as well in the lounge. You can make reservations for the lounge specifically, but they're hard to get. If the restaurant menu looks good to you, I'd stick with that. Have a great time!!

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thank you very much, then I'll leave the restaurant because it seems to me that among other things you can see the space better being in the main room. I think I read it like that. Being Italian I replaced via Napoli with Sant Angel inn in the meantime... I don't know if I did well...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you very much, then I'll leave the restaurant because it seems to me that among other things you can see the space better being in the main room. I think I read it like that. Being Italian I replaced via Napoli with Sant Angel inn in the meantime... I don't know if I did well...
There is only one dining room. The lounge sits a bit higher on another level and has tables. I was able to see the all the space windows better from the lounge than being at a table next to a window.

With two drinks and no food, my husband and I were able to affordably experience Space 220. While an intriguing concept, it was a one and done for us.

christine7257

I think that's a good swap! Although the tables are set closer together than I'd like, the atmosphere of San Angel Inn is absolutely beautiful and a quintessential Disney experience. The food is very good - we love the guacamole and enchiladas. We do also enjoy Via Napoli and getting a whole pie can be a budget friendly meal that pleases most palates, but the atmosphere is nothing special.

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thank you all so much, at this point I'm confused again about spsce 220, I don't know if the lounge or the restaurant is better, from the lounge you could see the space better but maybe how does the restaurant cook better? I leave it that way I think

LittleMerman

All of those are great choices for different reasons. Be Our Guest isn't exceptional food but the experience is so fun. We weren't blown away by Brown Derby but we enjoyed the atmosphere (it's the "nicest" restaurant in Hollywood Studios).

Other restaurants we love:
Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree Tavern
Epcot: Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, the festival booths
Hollywood Studios: 50's Primetime Cafe
Animal Kingdom: Tiffins
Disney Springs: Boathouse, Homecomin'
Resorts: Ohana (Polynesian), California Grill (Contemporary), Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge), Topolino's Terrace (Riviera), Sanaa (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Sebastian's Bistro (Caribbean Beach), Toledo (Coronado Springs)

christine7257

Thank you all so much, at this point I'm confused again about spsce 220, I don't know if the lounge or the restaurant is better, from the lounge you could see the space better but maybe how does the restaurant cook better? I leave it that way I think
Food for the lounge and restaurant come from the same kitchen. There is no difference in food. The difference is the menu. In terms of view, the room is tiered. I think you can have a good view from anywhere. As another poster stated, you have more perspective of the full scope the further back you sit (restaurant or lounge).

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thank you always, I think I will stay at the restaurant even if the lounge is also fascinating. But is the Derby convenient for HS then? Or is there some other restaurant worth it?

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
In the meantime, I booked the Boathouse in DS on Wednesday for lunch because I thought I would do Disney Spring in the morning with lunch and after resting in the hotel go to MK for the extra hours being in a deluxe hotel. I think Disney Spring should be visited as it is my first time in Orlando

christine7257

Brown Derby is very convenient and centrally located. We enjoy it very much and is probably our favorite in the park. 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi Dine-In are also very popular for their respective theming. Boathouse is an excellent choice at Disney Springs.

Club Cooloholic

I was going to ask where you were from. For me, my area has many fantastic Italian restaurants so I have never pushed to eat much Italian at WDW. You will love San Angel Inn. Very pretty place and unique. I like Brown Derby so that's a good choice too. Yak and Yeti is ok, hit or miss. Just remember, the sit down meals are great but they will cut into overall park time, I actually like the quick service BBQ at Animal Kingdom

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thanks always to all guys, I come from far Sicily from Catania exactly where the Etna volcano is located. For sit-down restaurants I am aware that they will waste a lot of time but maybe it is also a way to rest from the heat. I also thought that if maybe I'm a few days behind on the attractions I could cancel a sit-down restaurant reservation, it's important to do it within two hours beforehand so as not to pay a penalty, is this true? However I will be staying for 9 days so I left a few days free from restaurant reservations

awoogala

Hi guys, I need you connoisseurs, I'll be at wdw from 18th to 26th July. I have currently booked Skipper Canteen, Be Our Guest, Space 220, Yak & Yeti, Via Napoli and Brown Derby. Do you think they are okay? Is there anything I shouldn't miss? I wouldn't want to book for every day but leave some free and choose on the spot. Also can you confirm that I can cancel up to two hours in advance without penalty and that nothing will be taken from my credit card with the booking? Will I also be able to pay with cash or another credit or debit card?
Where do you live? What do you normally eat? Do you live in an area with a variety of ethnicities and food types you normally try? Do you go out for korean, thai, vietnamese, etc.? I've heard people call skipper "exotic", but it's mainly thai adjacent kind of food, not too spicy. we had to ask for a jar of spice to add to it. Be our guest... is american food, at best, maybe like 50's french food, but not great. yak and yeti is basic indo-chinese, via napoli is a decent woodfired pizza place, brown derby.. is only good if you like meat, for us. (we had a couple good cocktails, but everyone who didn't order beef was sad).

awoogala

Where do you live? What do you normally eat? Do you live in an area with a variety of ethnicities and food types you normally try? Do you go out for korean, thai, vietnamese, etc.? I've heard people call skipper "exotic", but it's mainly thai adjacent kind of food, not too spicy. we had to ask for a jar of spice to add to it. Be our guest... is american food, at best, maybe like 50's french food, but not great. yak and yeti is basic indo-chinese, via napoli is a decent woodfired pizza place, brown derby.. is only good if you like meat, for us. (we had a couple good cocktails, but everyone who didn't order beef was sad).
oh, and we have only done san angel 2x since the 90's...and it was awful, both times. don't expect good mexican food. I've had better experience with quick sevice tacos by the water in mexico.

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
oh, and we have only done san angel 2x since the 90's...and it was awful, both times. don't expect good mexican food. I've had better experience with quick sevice tacos by the water in mexico.
Here in Italy we say that we are in a good position when it comes to food but I also really like exotic and American food. From what you write, however, I might consider changing some of the restaurants I have booked even though I really love theming in restaurants as well as the quality of the food. I have to evaluate. I don't really like it
buffet if you have to get up every time but I could maybe consider replacing the Mexican with the German restaurant in Epcot...

Club Cooloholic

Here in Italy we say that we are in a good position when it comes to food but I also really like exotic and American food. From what you write, however, I might consider changing some of the restaurants I have booked even though I really love theming in restaurants as well as the quality of the food. I have to evaluate. I don't really like it
buffet if you have to get up every time but I could maybe consider replacing the Mexican with the German restaurant in Epcot...
When in Hollywood Studios, for a real American experience, Sci Fi Diner is fun if you can get it. Just totally unique. Some like Prime Time Cafe too(again very American).
I liked San Angel Inn much more than the German Buffet. Another Unique place is the Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot. The food is pretty ok but the giant aquarium windows are certainly something you won't find everywhere.

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Hello again dear friends, so I modified the Browne Derby by taking the package for the Fantasmic Show so lunch at the Derby and then in the evening seats for the show. Can you explain to me how it works? What is included in lunch? I read an appetizer and an entree and a dessert? If I want to add anything else I can take it right? Paying the difference of course. It says first Fantasmic show. Does that mean there are two shows in the evening and I'll be at the first one? What time is it usually? Consider that I have booked for July 25th. Sorry for all the questions and thank you very much. Another question, I made the reservation but with me there is another guest (my mom), for ghosts so will two vouchers be given at the restaurant one for me and another for the other person with me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom