Chinese Restaurants

Nansafan

Besides Nine Dragons found in the China Pavilion in Epcot are there any other Chinese restaurants in the WDW area? Friends are traveling with family from China, have a rental car and are interested in Chinese restaurants in the area. They are leaving Chicago on Friday and would like to know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Nancy

bhg469

There is some asian inspired food at wolfgang pucks and california grill but as far as on WDW property that is it.... unfortunately but once they open the new sit down place in AK im hoping for some thai, if disney had panang i would move in.

Upvote 0

col

there is a lovely chinese restaurant in kissimme(sp?) i forgot what its called but it does lovely food a total mixture. its by goodlings i think its called something like golden china but im not sure.

one question: does anyone know why disney does not do any spring rolls without meat in them?

vegetable spring rolls are something i missed eating on my last trip seems there wasnt any.

Upvote 0

Snoballego

I should have known better from my other Chinese Buffet experiences...

Please stay away from the buffet next to the Athlete's Foot across from the Orlando Alehouse...

:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

So when they come over here to eat do you say you are getting Chinese food or just getting food. Because i would assume they would no its Chinese and you just say you want to get some food.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
A word of warning: "Chinese Food" in North American parlance bears little resemblance to the food the vast majority of Chinese people eat in China. If you're looking to give them a taste of home, better to ask about "ethnic" Chinese restaurants in the area...

Having seen the panic on the faces of Canadian sailors on our first port visit ever to China when the food wasn't "Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls", etc... :rolleyes:

Shall we say it was a "learning experience" for a few of them! :lol:

Fortunately, my parents had been missionaries in China pre-Mao, at least I had an inkling what to expect. It was delicious! But "Ming Palace Chinese Restaurant" on Main Street it wasn't!

Upvote 0

Did Knee

If you like tiny, family owned places with a little more authentic south asian cuisine I might recommend a little place called Mekong near where Irlo Bronson meets 27 (next to the comfort Inn). Ate there last september and was quite impressed. I lived in Laos for years as a child, so I know the difference.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom