Child Swap and FP+

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
I'm curious if anyone has used child swap with FP+ yet, and if so, was the process any different than pre-FP+? I know in the past, each attraction had a different method for child swap (ie, whole party waits together in line, or partial party waits in line while the rest waits at the exit), but were almost always given a paper pass to let the other party skip the main queue line.

Is this paper pass now put on the MB? If you have a FP+ for an attraction you're going to utilize child swap, how do they handle the FP+ (since in the past, depending on the attraction), not all members of the party would go through the FP line. Do they still allow one member of the party to accompany the person going on the tide after they've passed off the kid?

I got a FP for Soarin on Sat (first time in at least a year I can say that) for my wife, son and me, but my 14-mo-old daughter obviously isn't big enough to ride.

stevehousse

It works just like it used to pre band. They will still give u a kid swap pass. The only difference is that if u do the child swap and have FP, someone in your party will end up with an unused FP on their band.

Let's say u get the pass and u and ur son go on the ride first leaving baby and mom to wait. Once u guys r done, u and ur wife swap and she takes the paper pass to the fast pass line with ur son. Tht pass is all u need, and it will leave an unused FP on ur wife's band since she doesnt have to scan to ride swap.

HRHPrincessAriel

It works just like it used to pre band. They will still give u a kid swap pass. The only difference is that if u do the child swap and have FP, someone in your party will end up with an unused FP on their band.

Let's say u get the pass and u and ur son go on the ride first leaving baby and mom to wait. Once u guys r done, u and ur wife swap and she takes the paper pass to the fast pass line with ur son. Tht pass is all u need, and it will leave an unused FP on ur wife's band since she doesnt have to scan to ride swap.
So does that mean you can ride again later if it's unused?

docdebbi

if it is within the time range listed for your fastpass, yes they can use it but would have to go alone.
what my family does is schedule a FP the person who will not need a FP for that ride, and the little one, to do something else with the little one at a different time. we do not waste that FP, so in essence you are getting one extra FP.
you do know you can individualize all FPs, you do not need to have the same ones for everyone in your party!

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
FYI, something I found surprising and don't remember from when we used Child Swap in the past, was the paper pass they gave us is actually good for the rest of the month!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom