Chef Mickey's

wish upon a star

Original Poster
So a couple of questions. We are going to WDW for the first time at the very end of January. It will be me dh and dd who will be 4. We were not planning to do any character dining this trip because we are just doing 1 day at MK on our way down for a cruise. (We will actually stay at the resort 2 nights though). So I'm now thinking maybe we should do chef mickey for dinnerthe night we get there since we want to check out the contemporary resort and the monorail anyway. So my questions are 1. what is the price for dinner in January? ( I read where is can change depending on time of the yr)
2. Is it hard to get reservations there like it is for BOG or CRT
3. If we go late enough can you see the fireworks from the restaurant or resort?
Thanks for your help this is all new to me so just trying to figure it all out and see if it's even worth it.

habuma

Not sure about #1. As for #'s 2 and 3...

2. It's not as bad as BOG or CRT, but it can book up pretty quickly. I've helped with several people getting dining reservations and have found it can sometimes be hard to get Chef Mickey's especially the closer you get to the date. You'll want to get that resv ASAP just to be sure.
3. Not so much at the restaurant. The seating at Chef Mickey's is kinda tucked away on the backside of the building and there's no chance you'll see fireworks from there. You can, however, see fireworks from other places at the Contemporary, most notably from the California Grill balcony. Of course, you'll need to get dinner reservations there to enjoy that view.

HouCuseChickie

Allears should have the current pricing, but it's subject to change and would likely go up a little by January. Still, the lower figure should be close to the pricing you'd see since you wouldn't be going during holiday peak.

As for popularity, it's not BOG popular, but can be more difficult to get than CRT. In other words, if you know you want to do it, I'd be trying to book on day 180 at 6am.

1900 PF would be the other character dinner option on the monorail loop. As with Chef Mickey's, there are no views for fireworks directly from the restaurant, but with 1900, you have the option of heading down to the GF dock. Just giving you options :)

stevehousse

Like others have said, you cannot see the fireworks from chef mickeys. We always book a later dinner here and go out and watch the fireworks after! Not sure about the price but it can be difficult to get depending on when you are going. I have never been in Jan, so I don't know how easy or hard that time of year is to get.

matt9112

chef mickeys shouldn't be a problem as long as you do 180 out.....BOG is the only place we have had to fight tooth and nail for. (there's company's that charge people to check every day making it nearly impossible)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom