Chef Mickeys or Crystal Palace

Dayzie914

opinions wanted...

what do u prefer and why...

Dinner at Chef Mickey's or Dinner at Crystal Palace...(whichever is not dinner will be breakfast, but both breakfasts seem similar...:slurp: )

thanks

Laura

Premium Member
Chef Mickey's is my favorite of the two. The biggest reason is its nice to get out of the theme parks for a few hours. The next biggest reason is I think their little parade or show or whatever you want to call it (when they play music, wave napkins, etc.) is a little more entertaining than the one at Crystal Palace. The next reason is I prefer the Mickey/Goofy/Donald characters over the Pooh characters. You also get your picture taken at Chef Mickey's (you have to purchase it of course).

But they are very similar. Both noisy buffets with similar food and lots of kids!

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I've onyl had breakfast so I'll give you my recommendations based on that:

I think that "show"-wise, Chef Mickey's is better, *however*, my vote still goes to Crystal Palace because we always liked the idea of being *in* MK, heading off to the breakfast, filling up and leaving the restaurant ready for a great day in the parks! (And being so full that we barely had to bother to stop and eat lunch!) Both have great food, etc, so either way, you can't *really* go wrong. :) Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Robfasto

The food at both is very good.

Chef Mickey's has a rotating theme that has a different theme for the food each night. I.E. Mexician, Italian, Fish, etc...

I am not sure about the Crystal Palace although the food was very good when we ate there a while back.

Upvote 0

jesserin

DO NOT DO CHEF MICKEY'S... that's my personal opinion. :)

Here's why - (i posted this in another thread too)

Here's a quick run down of past experiences with Chef Mickey's (and why we will never go back )

In 2002 - My husband was pooped on by a bird, and come to find out later, this is actually a common occurance as Chef Mickey's is right by the entrance of the monorail so there is no way to control the birds coming in and out.

In 2004 - We decided to give it another go - (**warning - kind of gross**) I choked on a piece of hard plastic which was in the gravy (for the buscuits and gravy) My throat was bleeding and the lady sitting right next to us also found a piece of plastic in her gravy... (fortunatly she found her's before eating it) A manager was called and apparently a thick plastic cup/bowl (who knows) had broken and some of the pieces apparently had fallen into random food bowls back in the kitchen - they knew exactly where the plastic was from - I got my meal comp'd but the lady next to us - and my hubby (who promptly stopped eating when I did) still payed for theirs! The lady was ticked... where else in the United States do you pay for a meal when you find foreign substances in it? DISNEY WORLD!!

We love Crystal Palace though... :D

Upvote 0

Pan

The quality of the food is much better at the Crystal Palace. Great pasta dishes, a carving table, shrimp, roasted chicken, several different salads.

I would do breakfast at Chef Mickey's, not great food, but terrific atmosphere, and you can do it on a day you're not going into the parks.

Luckily no birds pooped on us while eating. :lol:

Upvote 0

Hawkeye21

Chef Mickeys

Definitely do Chef Mickey's for breakfast the food is good and it is one of the most well priced meals like this you will find

Hawkeye

Upvote 0

candyman

we really really hated chef mickeys for dinner
went there on our wedding night in december
the character intervention was rushed
the server was not interested
and i have a garlic allergy and the chef recommended i ate NOTHING from the buffet
he got me a steak from the steakhouse next door but buy the time it arrived my wife had finished her meal

i have heard that it is really great for breakfast though
steve

Upvote 0

Robfasto

jesserin said:
DO NOT DO CHEF MICKEY'S... that's my personal opinion. :)

Here's why - (i posted this in another thread too)

Here's a quick run down of past experiences with Chef Mickey's (and why we will never go back )

In 2002 - My husband was pooped on by a bird, and come to find out later, this is actually a common occurance as Chef Mickey's is right by the entrance of the monorail so there is no way to control the birds coming in and out.

In 2004 - We decided to give it another go - (**warning - kind of gross**) I choked on a piece of hard plastic which was in the gravy (for the buscuits and gravy) My throat was bleeding and the lady sitting right next to us also found a piece of plastic in her gravy... (fortunatly she found her's before eating it) A manager was called and apparently a thick plastic cup/bowl (who knows) had broken and some of the pieces apparently had fallen into random food bowls back in the kitchen - they knew exactly where the plastic was from - I got my meal comp'd but the lady next to us - and my hubby (who promptly stopped eating when I did) still payed for theirs! The lady was ticked... where else in the United States do you pay for a meal when you find foreign substances in it? DISNEY WORLD!!

We love Crystal Palace though... :D

Sorry to hear about your problems, during one stay at the Contemporary Resort we ate at Chef Mickey's 5 out of 6 nights and never had a problem. The other night we ate at the Crystal Palace and like you had a bird problem.

I have stayed at the Contemporary 20 or 25 nights since 1977 and rarely see birds indoors as the monorail entrances have 'air curtains' that blow across them to help keep the birds out.

Upvote 0

jesserin

Thanks for the tip! I've not stayed at the Contemp more than 10 nights (last trip) but we saw birds in the main building all the time... maybe the blower things were turned off... either way - I guess I should rephrase and say that though we had a bad experience (twice) there are tons of people that swear by CM's so, I guess each person has to give it a try to see what they like! :)

Upvote 0

Robfasto

I agree, there are a number of Restaurants that people rave about that I just don't like much. Most places at the Studios are off of my list while most others love them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom