Trip Report Cheerful Goodbye to 2020 and Optimistic Hello to 2021! Video Trip Report - Updated July 26th 2021

Introduction:

Hey everyone! My family decided to go ahead and use our remaining DVC points over the week of NYE to ring in the new year at the most magical place on earth. We had heard how safe Disney had been with all the precautions so we decided to go forward with the plans and head on down to Disney World!

We went from December 27-January 3rd and stayed at the Boardwalk Inn Villas for the full week with 4 nights in a 2 bedroom villa and then 3 nights in a 1 bedroom villa. We had 2 days in Magic Kingdom, 2 Days in Hollywood Studios, 1 Day in EPCOT and 1 Day in Animal Kingdom. I love vlogging so most of my post are just going to be recaps of the video with the full video able to watch if you would like to :). Feel free to follow along and engage in any conversation, I love talking to new people - especially about Disney!

In case you don't want to read/watch - it was an AMAZING trip even in this different time and we felt super safe the whole time in Disney :)

Please enjoy!

Chapters:

1: Delayed Flights and Yummy Treats
2: Exploring the Boardwalk and 2 Bedroom Villa Tour
3: Boarding Groups and Rope Dropping Toy Story Land
4: 1st time on Mickey and Minnie's Railway AND at Galaxy's Edge
5: Rise of the Resistance and Food!
6: Rockin Around Hollywood
7: Flying the Millennium Falcon
8: Closing Down Hollywood Studios
9: A Very Early Animal Kingdom Morning
10: Yak And Yeti with a Side of Safari
11: Closing Down Animal Kingdom
12: Disney Springs!

13: Magic Kingdom, Hooray!!
14: Rides and Magic at the Magic Kingdom
15: A Busy Afternoon in Magic Kingdom

16: Our Magic Day Continues
17: A Truly Magical Evening
18: Sad Goodbye But Happy Hellos
19: Festival of the Holidays
20: Space And Imagination Make For A Great Combo
21: New Years Eve at EPCOT
22: Back to the Studios!

Last edited:

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
Chapter 14: Rides and Magic at the Magic Kingdom

We continued our incredible morning at the Magic Kingdom now that everyone has their energy restored in them. We head to the wildest ride in the wilderness. The line looked super long however we didn't wait more than 30 minutes for this ride which is super great for mid morning. We love love love that ride and with that ride done we can say we successfully rode all 3 mountains before noon!

After Big Thunder we went ahead and headed over towards the Haunted Mansion to try to get all the classic rides done for Clint! And the Haunted Mansion definitely rates the highest on my list of classics. With our ride of classics we continue on with Pirates of the Caribbean.

All rides were super long so we went ahead and just decided to wait in line for Pirates. It was about 40 minutes and was honestly totally worth it. However, while we were in line we had a great idea to go ahead and place an order for about 30 minutes from that moment in time as that is when we thought we would be done with Pirates. We wanted everyone to enjoy Pecos Bills as that is Brenae and I's favorite place to eat within the Magic Kingdom! Since that was the only day we all would be together we wanted them to have the best time and best lunch ever. It definitely did not disappoint at all!

Songbird76

Chapter 14: Rides and Magic at the Magic Kingdom

We continued our incredible morning at the Magic Kingdom now that everyone has their energy restored in them. We head to the wildest ride in the wilderness. The line looked super long however we didn't wait more than 30 minutes for this ride which is super great for mid morning. We love love love that ride and with that ride done we can say we successfully rode all 3 mountains before noon!

After Big Thunder we went ahead and headed over towards the Haunted Mansion to try to get all the classic rides done for Clint! And the Haunted Mansion definitely rates the highest on my list of classics. With our ride of classics we continue on with Pirates of the Caribbean.

All rides were super long so we went ahead and just decided to wait in line for Pirates. It was about 40 minutes and was honestly totally worth it. However, while we were in line we had a great idea to go ahead and place an order for about 30 minutes from that moment in time as that is when we thought we would be done with Pirates. We wanted everyone to enjoy Pecos Bills as that is Brenae and I's favorite place to eat within the Magic Kingdom! Since that was the only day we all would be together we wanted them to have the best time and best lunch ever. It definitely did not disappoint at all!

Brenae has gorgeous eyes!! And I loved that she had the camera for BTMR...just a fun little change of pace. Excellent job! I'm really enjoying your videos!

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
Brenae has gorgeous eyes!! And I loved that she had the camera for BTMR...just a fun little change of pace. Excellent job! I'm really enjoying your videos!
Omg she really does!! She gets them from my dad lol. I am glad you enjoyed the special guest vlogger, I love when others take my place - like you said its a nice change of pace!! Thank you so so much for your constant support and kind words, they truly mean a lot :)

Songbird76

Omg she really does!! She gets them from my dad lol. I am glad you enjoyed the special guest vlogger, I love when others take my place - like you said its a nice change of pace!! Thank you so so much for your constant support and kind words, they truly mean a lot :)
You're so welcome! It's nice for me to live vicariously. It will be a while before we are allowed to travel at all, much less before we can get to Disney. This is my fix!

ferbtones

Songbird76 bet me to it. I want to echo how beautiful Brenae is, and especially her eyes. She has good reporting skills too.

Great update, loved the 3rd mountain.

Thank you for sharing.

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
You're so welcome! It's nice for me to live vicariously. It will be a while before we are allowed to travel at all, much less before we can get to Disney. This is my fix!
Once the world is normal i hope the fates align and we will be at Walt Disney World at the same time! I am also a cruiser if you like cruising :)

Songbird76 bet me to it. I want to echo how beautiful Brenae is, and especially her eyes. She has good reporting skills too.

Great update, loved the 3rd mountain.

Thank you for sharing.
She appreciates all the nice comments and is so appreciative about it. Thank you so much for the kind comments!!

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
Chapter 15: A Busy Afternoon in Magic Kingdom

We really start to notice the crowds pick up this afternoon so we just start picking rides and going for them. We start out with the Voyage of the Little Mermaid where we start to become OBSESSED with Hidden Mickeys. I have known about them forever but it seems that my family wasn't as aware of just how many there are within the parks. So we turn it into a game to try to find as many as we can without really looking them up until we have to confirm if it is one or not. This really helped the lines move along even quicker. We waited about 20 minutes for the Little Mermaid which went by in the blink of an eye and is always a crowd favorite.

After the Little Mermaid, I just had to ride the Barn Stormer. I just think this ride is so fun for some reason and makes me giggle and smile the whole time; however, the line was brutal for almost everyone in the party. Everyone was crashing and the line was moving at a snails pace since only a few people could board at once. We did get to see the Tron construction which was super cool and I got to enjoy the Barn Stormer even if everyone else was not as impressed or thrilled, especially with the 45 minute wait.

Now that the crowds were really here we just decided to stick out 7 Dwarfs as we couldn't really see that line getting any shorter and this would give us sometime to just cool down and relax a bit. The line started around the mountain so we had a lot of time outside the line to get some snacks and take in some sights. It was a posted 105 minutes, YIKES but we just crossed our fingers that it really wasn't going to be that long. While in line, we got to try LeFou's Brew for the first time and it was super delicious, especially once it was stirred up and mixed together. Brenae and Chris also got some snack nuts and a Mickey bar as well. Mom was feeling left out so she went to go get a Mickey bar and got it for free since it was her birthday!

We waited a full 90 minutes for 7 dwarfs and it was honestly so worth it! The line moved extremely fast and we never felt that we were just standing still for too long and then once we got into the main line we had all the fun stuff to look at as well. After that wait though, I definitely am hoping that fastpass+ comes back after things get back to a sense of normalcy. I loved using fastpass+ and was really good at getting those fast passes for any ride at any time.

Songbird76

Once the world is normal i hope the fates align and we will be at Walt Disney World at the same time! I am also a cruiser if you like cruising :)

She appreciates all the nice comments and is so appreciative about it. Thank you so much for the kind comments!!
I've actually never been on a cruise. I get motion sickness, so I worry about being on the ocean and feeling nauseated the whole time.

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
I realized it's been a while since we've seen an update. I hope everything is ok and it's just life being busy and getting in the way.
I was just getting around to finally having some time to update! Thank you for reaching out and making sure everything is okay. Definitely has been a crazy time in life but seems to be mellowing out here :) Hope all is well with you!

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
Chapter 15: Our Magic Day Continues

We are still having an incredible time at the Magic Kingdom trying to soak up every last minute we have here.The family loves just walking around and taking it all in, we also are delirious at this point due to lack of sleep so we probably looked like zombies walking around lol! We also finally got to see the Santa Calvacade which was so AWESOME! We definitely missed the parades this trip so these little pop up parades were just everything we needed and more.

After walking around just a bit, we noticed that the Speedway had a super short line and we hadn't done that yet so we decided why not?! I always try to treat this ride like a real speedway but never get the fast car unfortunately so I just use my voice to make it seem like I am more of a threat than I really am lol

Next up was the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh since it was a short line as well and we were trying to hit up the shortest rides we could find because we had some doozies this day with waits. This was about 10/15 minutes and we decided to cram all 6 of us into one honey pot and people thought we were inSANE but we just love being together and making things and cramped as possible.

After a very full day, our bellies were definitely rumbling and grumbling so we decided that it was definitely time for food. Since Jake is a vegan, we decided to split up so he could get a pizza and the rest of us wanted to try the Holiday Spicy Sandwich so we went our separate ways and then would meet up after we got our food so we could still eat together. Little did we know that Jake and mom would run into our first less than stellar cast member at Pinocchios and cause a bit of a kerfluffle with the pizza ordering. Basically, Jake was asking if he could add veggies to his pizza and the cast member said no modifications if it wasn't on the menu; however, people were walking around with cheese fries (not on the menu) and other flatbreads that were not on the menu as well. It was late and the cast member was probably just having a rough day so I totally get it and Jake eventually got over it (it was just pizza after all lol)

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
Chapter 17: A Truly Magical Evening

After our lovely meal, we still have quite a few hours to enjoy the Magic Kingdom. We first had to start off by showing Clint and Chris one of the best parts about Magic Kingdom - the Tangled Toilets! We are just as obsessed with these toilets as we are with most rides, we totally make everyone new check these toilets out lol!

After that amazing stop, we head over to Frontierland to check how the lines actually were (the MDE app was saying that they were outrageous) and we were very happy to see that it was even shorter than we waited that morning, which wasn't long as all. We continued our hunt for Hidden Mickeys as well and honestly this became such a highlight for our last day, we absolutely LOVED pretending everything was a Hidden Mickey. We only waited around 20 minutes for Big Thunder Mountain which was posted for about an hour and we just knew it wouldn't be an hour.

After Big Thunder we try to knockout as MANY rides as we can with the last few hours going by faster than we can imagine! We hit up Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, caught some fireworks at the castle and then finished out the night just as we started the day, with Space Mountain :). This night was so special to me and I love thinking about how much fun we had, how not crowded the park really was and just the joy we all had hanging out with each other.

After Space Mountain, we headed to the hub to hang out just a bit and say goodbye to the castle, getting a little sad since Nae, Jake and Chris were leaving the next morning to head back to the real world. Leaving the park was definitely a bit congested and we tried out hardest to stay as far away from people as possible but it didn't bother us too much!

Back at the hotel, they had the NYE activities out for us to see what were going to go on the next night since it was New Years Eve! And then of course we had to round out the day with the favorite part of the day question from everyone :)

mickey.mac

We were there at the same time. We stayed across the lake, at Beach Club. We were surprised that there were minimal events to celebrate New Years-we were stuck watching virtual celebrations and virtual fireworks.

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
I just love your mom. She seems so sweet and like her joy is in seeing all her kids happy. It must be so much fun being all together!
I love her as well :) She really does absolutely love when we are all together, especially on vacation! We are such a close family and at times she hates that we are all so grown up and on our own.

Unique travel report, thanks for sharing! Stay safe on your trip. The Lines seem longer with the social distancing setup.
We were there at the same time. We stayed across the lake, at Beach Club. We were surprised that there were minimal events to celebrate New Years-we were stuck watching virtual celebrations and virtual fireworks.
Thank you for watching! The lines definitely seemed long but they usually went by extremely quick and never were as long as they said they were. They actually had quite a lot going on at the Boardwalk but due to some issues we actually didn't get to partake - we just watched the fireworks as well

Songbird76

I love her as well :) She really does absolutely love when we are all together, especially on vacation! We are such a close family and at times she hates that we are all so grown up and on our own.

Thank you for watching! The lines definitely seemed long but they usually went by extremely quick and never were as long as they said they were. They actually had quite a lot going on at the Boardwalk but due to some issues we actually didn't get to partake - we just watched the fireworks as well
Awww.....she misses having you all there with her. Is she just itching for grandkids? My in-laws were chomping at the bit for grandkids and they absolutely love being grandparents. I really wanted to get them to Disney with us, but they are not huge travelers, and an international trip now with their health issues would be a pretty massive undertaking, so I don't think it will ever happen. But can you imagine your mom at Disney with her babies' babies??

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
Awww.....she misses having you all there with her. Is she just itching for grandkids? My in-laws were chomping at the bit for grandkids and they absolutely love being grandparents. I really wanted to get them to Disney with us, but they are not huge travelers, and an international trip now with their health issues would be a pretty massive undertaking, so I don't think it will ever happen. But can you imagine your mom at Disney with her babies' babies??
She really does just love having the family all together! Uhm, she kinda is but at the same time all three of us kiddos still act like we are super young so I think its a when it happens itll happen kinda thing. She will LOVE having little kids at the parks and seeing them light up at the characters and just all the magic :)

ferbtones

Great update, especially night time on big thunder, which is the best.

I love how your group size means you fill a rocket on space mountain, how fun.

Look forward to more videos, even though you are down to three. Loved seeing you all together.

NotZacHoward

Original Poster
Great update, especially night time on big thunder, which is the best.

I love how your group size means you fill a rocket on space mountain, how fun.

Look forward to more videos, even though you are down to three. Loved seeing you all together.
Thank you! We love love love big thunder at night, it really is just a different experience than in the day time (we think it is fast lol) We definitely wish the three didn't have to leave as we have sooo much fun all together but we still had a BLAST just the three of us :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom