chase now has a disney credit card?!

daveemtdave

That is the answer............Bank One is now Chase....well....almost everywhere...we are still changing...... Give me back Bank One anyday......

tracyandalex

I've had the disney card for a little over a year now. chase bought bank one, so now it's a chase card. it's awsome you earn points which can be used to purchase disney merchandise and can also be used in the parks and on the cruise ship. they also have tons of offers exclusively for card holders.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
funny thing... Chase does the Universal Mastercard

Glasgow

I used to have a Chase Vise but got rid of it because I wasn't getting any benefits from it. I then got the BankOne Disney Visa, which is now a Chase Visa again .. lol. Funny how things work out.

BTW - has anyone used their Disney dollars to pay for their resort stay? How does that work? I know you have to first redeem your DDs -- I guess I just don't know how they are presented to you. Some sort of gift card?

Disneyfan1981

Yes Chase purchased Bank One and with that the interest rate on my regular Visa skyrocketed. The plan was for the wife and I to get the Disney card and use it as our only form of credit card to earn points but we've been rethinking the whole thing since Chase took over...

MinnieSummer

Glasgow said:
BTW - has anyone used their Disney dollars to pay for their resort stay? How does that work? I know you have to first redeem your DDs -- I guess I just don't know how they are presented to you. Some sort of gift card?

We used ours last Christmas and it was great. We called Bank One, had them send us the special credit card, transferred all of our points to the card and then went to the hotel and used it in place of our Disney Credit Card to pay for the hotel. It was like getting a free trip to Disney World. Remember that gas purchases add double points and with gas prices the way they are those points add up quickly.

amylynn9281

I work for Chase/Bank One...To set the record straight...
#1-Chase bought Bank One
#2-Interest Rates do not increase because one company bought the other...i won't get into details for the sake of embarrassing anyone
#3-I have a Disney Visa myself and what happens is that when you decide to use the points you have, Chase will send you a gift card type card that has a value to it. The card has an account number so that you can use it at stores, in Disney or wherever you feel the need. So, YES you can use it for hotels, merchandise, and even food in Disney.

DisneyCP2000

amylynn9281 said:
I work for Chase/Bank One...To set the record straight...
#1-Chase bought Bank One
#2-Interest Rates do not increase because one company bought the other...i won't get into details for the sake of embarrassing anyone
#3-I have a Disney Visa myself and what happens is that when you decide to use the points you have, Chase will send you a gift card type card that has a value to it. The card has an account number so that you can use it at stores, in Disney or wherever you feel the need. So, YES you can use it for hotels, merchandise, and even food in Disney.

Hey, a co-worker ;)
Do you go by JP Morgan? JP Morgan Chase? or just Chase? :hammer:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
eh... we're a Citibank family :D

and I still think it's hilarious that the Universal and Disney Logo Cards are now issued by the same bank

will_hsv

amylynn9281 said:

However they do review your credit report then give you a crappy reason for raising your interest rate and then say they cannot do anything about it now call back in a few months. :brick:

BRER STITCH

Disney Rewards Dollars ROCK!!!!

Also, in this month's Visa Cardholder mailing, they announced that you can now get one of FIVE different designs on your Disney Visa by siumply calling them and requesting replacement cards with your favorite new design!

They are all pretty cool looking, too (I know - it's only a credit card - but play along for a mintue! :lol: )

The new designs include:

* Bambi and Flower
* Vintage Mickey
* Donald, Goofy, and Mickey
* Original Pixie Dust Design
* Happiest Celebration Gold Castle Design

Not sure where the Bambi and Flower thing came from, but the others are VERY nice!

Current card holders can call 1-888-315-4255 to select a new card design.

:wave:

tigsmom

BRER STITCH said:

Not sure where the Bambi and Flower thing came from, but the others are VERY nice!

Current card holders can call 1-888-315-4255 to select a new card design.

:wave:

I'm guessing that they are offering the Bambi one because the movie came out on DVD not too long ago.
I'm sticking with the original until they issue a Tigger one. :cool:

WDWScottieBoy

I just got my newletter thing in the mail yesterday and saw about the new cards. I called them and got the LE 50th one to have. Now I just have to get rid of the red one I got a couple weeks ago and will have to get rid of the red one that's on its way.

I love being a Charter Cardmember since Day 1! :sohappy:

Anyone going to get the cardholder's pin for the 50th? I think it looks pretty cool and I'm going to pick it up next week.

SewIn2Disney

I ordered my new card this morning. I requested the Happiest Celebration on Earth one with the castle. Next time around I want the vintage one.

And I think I'm going to get the pin too....I kind of like it.

disneyplanet

Original Poster
Charter Cardmember since Day 1

called and ask about a new card and was told the new cards will not say

"Charter Cardmember since Day 1" from chase

truely a bad day....

no more disney magazine
no more Charter Cardmember since Day 1 on my card

just a little less magic in my live....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom