Character Meals

shari71

My husband and I have been going to Disney every year of our marriage (except the year when our first child was born). We have never scheduled a character meal. But this year is different. We have a 2 1/2 year old that loves everything Disney, but the last two trips she has been scared of every character that approaches her. She has changed somewhat this year, but we don't know how the reaction would be.

So my question is which character meal would you choose? We are considering Cinderella's Breakfast in MK since Cinderella is a real person and may not scare her as much. But I kind of had my heart set on seeing Mickey.

Can anyone give us some good tips about the Cinderella breakfast and if it is worth it?

P.S. We also have a fourth month old (seven months when we finally go), but she doesn't dislike anyone yet, but want to make sure she will be welcome there as well.

LivefortheMouse

I have never been to Cinderellas for Breakfast (though i have heard its great) i have been there for dinner and we love u get treated like royalty. My little neice is 2 1/2 and we went to Disneys vero Beach resort just last week, we were all scared of her reaction. To our amasement when she saw goffy she fell in love this is a child that does not eat but hey for goffy she did anything u asked her to do. She loved him. We have been back for a week and her mom says that she is always asking for goffy. There is no greater feeling than seeing a chid thats so close to ur heart with goffy(or any other character we just happend to have the experrience with him). Our other neice who is 1 1/2 did not like goffy much but when max came out since he was shorter like her she loved him and then became friendly with goffy when she saw goffy and max were buddys.

Upvote 0
Chef Mickey's all the way. You will see plenty of Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Pluto and Minnie. Every half hour they throw a celebration where everyone gets involved. (Watch for the flinging napkins:lol: ) I really love that place, if you look at my signature you may figure out why!
The other character breakfast I love is Donald's breakfast at the Restaurantusaurus at Animal Kingdom. The waiters and waitresses have alot of fun with you and you are guaranteed plenty of time with Donald, Goofy, Mickey...
Have a great time!

Upvote 0

katiesmom

I am probably in the minority, but will speak my mind anyway. I have 2 daughters, 3 and 6, and went to Cindy's Breakfast for the first time in April (we also did the princess breakfast in Epcot). I was very disappointment with both. The whole thing is way toooooo organized. No matter what time you make your reservation, they seat a whole section at one time....then shorty after breakfast arrives you are bombarded with every princess in that area. They do a verrrrry short greeting, then pose for a photo.... then they are gone, just a quick as the arrived. I only saw one occasion where there was an extended visit, because the child was scared and crying. If you want more interaction, I would recommend a late breakfast at one of the resorts. We have had a blast with Goofy, Chip and Dale at the Beach Club. I also highly recommend "The Land" at EPCOT, (Mickey is there) book a late or early meal, and enjoy the time the characters spend with you. Best wishes with your trip and remember to book early!
PS. We have PS at Chef Mickeys in Oct. for the first time.... Can't wait!:sohappy:

Upvote 0
I'd say my favorite is Garden Grill in the Land at Epcot. It's great and the food is good. We tried Liberty Inn at MK and i wasn't impressed and the food wasn't nearly as good.

Upvote 0

Pippa

I have only done the Crystal Palace but it was great, the characters (pooh,piglet,eeyore,tigger) circulate round the room no matter how long you take so if you stay a while they'll visit you 2 or 3 times.

Upvote 0

shari71

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice. I will be reviewing Chef Mickey's again and hopefully making the reservations tomorrow....only 82 more days until be leave and it seems like an eternity.

Upvote 0

Cruella

I just tried to make reservations for a character b-fast at the Garden Grill and the woman at WDW-DINE said that there isn't a character b-fast there anymore. :(

Upvote 0

spinsurgeon

We managed to get reservations at Cindie's Breakfast and my kids loved it. They are 5 and 3 and love all the characters. I have to say though that the Crystal Palace, which was free with our 10 day passes, was better. It's less claustrophobic than the castle, as light floods in and as Pippa said, the characters move about and do visit again.

Upvote 0

daniam2188

the garden grill is byfar the best character meal ive had (chef mickeys is second). the food was excelent and you could have as much as you wanted w/o having to get up and wait in line. i also loved how there was always somthing to look at and that the characters all visited us 2 or 3 times (even though they were short visits)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom