Character dining?

Jnaps53

Any kind of info. and tips on Character dining will be appreciated!
(our first WDW experience!)
Thanks Much.....all you Disneyans?:wave:

Purplrcowww

I have eaten in The Hollywood and Vine in MGM for breakfast, good food and Minney, Mickey and Pluto. The Cinderella dinner in the castle has very good prime rib, you get to see the inside of the castle but you never know which character will be there, we've seen Cinderella, Alice and the mad hatter.

Upvote 0

goofyman

This question gets aked alot. I think they are all good and you won't go wrong with any. I can say that Chief mickeys is one of the best and toughest to ge into. Crystal palace with Pooh and friends is great and I really like Anaimal Kigdom's Donalds Reaturantasarus. Have fun:sohappy:

Upvote 0

doctor tigger

Last summer, we did the character breakfast at the Crystal Palace with our teenaged son and daughter. They loved it (even though they rolled their eyes when we told them that was what we were doing!)
The food was excellent---all you could eat buffet, the service was great, and you get to meet the Winnie the Pooh characters---some of them came by the table, and Pooh was at a central place by the buffet. I was wearing my "Tigger" shirt (naturally) which Tigger noticed--I hugged him and we "bounced" together--and then he bounced with my daughter, also! We have really great pictures of this!

We had a great time, got to meet the characters, and ate enough so that we didn't have to eat again until late in the afternoon. On top of that, we got to enter the park early, and had Main Street almost to ourselves for a few minutes!

I hope you have a great time---I would recommend the character meals to everybody---

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace the most out of all the character dining choices. The food at both places is primarilly the same. The difference is (besides for one being in a park and the other a resort) are the characters. At Crystal Palace you get Pooh and friends and at Chef Mickey's you get Mickey and the gang. Either way, you will definately have a great meal.

Upvote 0

uncle al

As a parent of one boy, and one girl it kind of depends. When they were younger, it didn't matter. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, or Cinderella, it didn't matter too much. But as my girl got a little older she became more interested in the girl characters, my son was still ok anywhere. If you have a girl I would suggest 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Mary Poppins, Cinderella, Pooh, etc... We have all enjoyed breakfast at Cape May (Beach Club) with Goofy and Friends. I promise, which ever one you choose, everyone will be happy!

Upvote 0
You absolutely can not go wrong at any of the character meals. Set enough time aside to enjoy your time there and to be able to visit with all the characters. I've never felt rushed to leave the table and I've never felt that the characters were in a rush to get to the next table. The pictures are priceless!

We tried the new Princess Breakfast at Norway in Epcot. It was spectacular! 5 princesses! Our girls thought they were in heaven...which I guess...was actually pretty close! (The food was not very good, but who noticed with Jasmine, Snow White, Belle, Aurora, and Mulan floating around the room!)

Upvote 0

mandib

I'd go to Crystal Palace if you like Whinnie Pooh characters. It's a buffet and is a fun place to go and the characters actually all make it around!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Our fav for breakfast is Hollywood and Vine. Food is great and the dance number between Minnie and Goofy is fun. With teenagers, we try and do all-you-can eat as often as possible. We did 1900 Park Faire this past Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it. Similar food to H&V but with some added specialties like made to order omelets. Also have done the Character breakfast at the Poly. Very fun. Liberty Tree Tavern has a great Character Dinner, served family-style. Food is good and the characters were great. I don't think you can go wrong at any of them.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Donalds Breakfastasaurus at Animal Kindom has been much maligned, however we had a fantatsic time when we went there.

I suggest you checkout the Reviews Section on WDWMagic as most of the Character meals have been reviewed by members.

Upvote 0

Lilo

The first three times we went we ate at Chef Mickey's for breakfast everyday. It was great. This last time (Thanksgiving) we stayed at the Beach Club and ate breakfast at the Cape May Cafe. While there was only Goofy, Chip and Dale, Minnie was there only for pictures, the characters stayed around longer because the place is smaller than Chef Mickey's. It depends on what you want. Chef Mickey's is bigger and noisier while Cape May is more intimate. Both have buffet style breakfast and the food is quite good.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom