Character costume redesigns (open brainstorming)

mharrington

Original Poster
Anyway, I'm thinking of redoing some of the character costumes in the parks, which have always been changing over the years. For instance, some costumes are changed more constantly than others. But some, like Goofy, have remained this way for a good long time, with only minor, insignificant changes made, if any at all.

What do you think should altered?

Omegadiz

I believe the partial reasoning for Mickeys attaire is because his skin forms to the shape of "his friend's" body and thus, you may see features that shouldnt be noticed (belly button, chest, nipples and so on)

as for characters that need a change:
  • Daisy - needs the feathers in the back of her head and her bill should be redone the way Living Characte/ Puppet counter part has it.
  • Donald - face redesigned to match his Living Character counter part
  • Max - need complete facial redesign and needs clothes that make him look like a teen and not from goof troop
  • Stitch needs to be completely redesigned to match the costumes that TDR have made (less baggey, less pants-like, more definition)
    angel_by_omegadiz-d30vw3i.jpg
^ thats how stitch should look.
  • Mr. Incredible - redone face and redone pads
  • Jesse - face
  • Buzz - face
  • Goofy - hes not supposed to have the mickey-mask
  • Tigger - Match his Living Character couter part (definition and pink nose)
  • Pluto - give him a face with an expression
  • Mickey - get rid of those dark brown circles around his eyes
  • Lilo may have to become a face character

mharrington

Original Poster
I believe the partial reasoning for Mickeys attaire is because his skin forms to the shape of "his friend's" body and thus, you may see features that shouldnt be noticed (belly button, chest, nipples and so on)

as for characters that need a change:
  • Daisy - needs the feathers in the back of her head and her bill should be redone the way Living Characte/ Puppet counter part has it.
  • Donald - face redesigned to match his Living Character counter part
  • Max - need complete facial redesign and needs clothes that make him look like a teen and not from goof troop
  • Stitch needs to be completely redesigned to match the costumes that TDR have made (less baggey, less pants-like, more definition)
    angel_by_omegadiz-d30vw3i.jpg
^ thats how stitch should look.
  • Mr. Incredible - redone face and redone pads
  • Jesse - face
  • Buzz - face
  • Goofy - hes not supposed to have the mickey-mask
  • Tigger - Match his Living Character couter part (definition and pink nose)
  • Pluto - give him a face with an expression
  • Mickey - get rid of those dark brown circles around his eyes
  • Lilo may have to become a face character

How does Goofy have a Mickey-like mask? And I agree that Max Goof should look more like how he does in the Goofy Movie series, rather than in "Goof Troop".

And maybe the Seven Dwarfs' clothes should look like how they do in the movie. The only one whose clothes is consistent with the movie is Dopey.

Omegadiz

How does Goofy have a Mickey-like mask? And I agree that Max Goof should look more like how he does in the Goofy Movie series, rather than in "Goof Troop".

compare:
goofy_2.jpg

516580631_07f6980c62.jpg

Look at the faces and you should be able to tell that themepark goofy has the mask where animated goofy doesnt

mharrington

Original Poster
Well I kinda like the idea of characters that walk on 4 legs actually walking on 4 legs (Do you hear me Pluto!?)

Actually, on Disneyland's opening day, Pluto (one of the costumes on loan from the Ice Capades for the opening) did walk on four legs. But that was 55 years ago, of course.

Omegadiz

Clarabell - Face and clothes
Queen of Hearts - Fatter and no long sleeves
Pete - EXISTANCE
Steem Boat Mickey - mask white, no scarf, hat

mharrington

Original Poster
The Seven Dwarfs' clothes should look like how they do in the movie. The only one whose clothes is consistent with the movie is Dopey. The rest are all in different colors that don't really match the movie.

Comparisons:
Animated form
Theme park form

Look at their clothes and such and you should be able to tell that the theme park dwarfs have different colored clothes than the animated dwarfs. Only Dopey is consistent with the movie, as you can see.

And the other thing I would do is recolor Happy's eyebrows to white, also like in the movie. In fact, off and on, his eyebrows were changed over the years.

1960s-early '70s
1970s-early '80s (look behind Grumpy)
Early '80s-today

So I would restore the white eyebrows, as in the second picture of the three.

mharrington

Original Poster
I see, depending how they are made, it could be as easy as changing thier clothes

And recoloring Happy's eyebrows. That wouldn't change the clothes all that much. Dopey's clothes would barely even be touched at all, except maybe to recolor his pants. In the parks, they're brown, but in the movie, they're blue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom