Changing resort after discount comes out

EvilQueen-T

Any advice from people who have booked a vacation (we've paid the minimum so far) then had room discounts come out and then changed resorts to take advantage of the room discount? I'm keeping the same dates and staying in the same resort category but could save $300 for the trip if there are no associated hidden fees for switching, for instance do you loose the initial one nights deposit or anything like that? What's been your experience with doing this?

bethymouse

That's similar to a question I have...
I think you'll be OK to change resorts w/ the same dates and such w/i the 45 days.;)
But, my dilemma was always taking those 2 days June 10 and 11 off ( teacher days). Now the discount is being offered on July 13- August something.:(
I would like to change it, but hubby doesn't think he could change his days.:( But, our flights are "non-refundable". So am I correct in assuming you can't change your dates!:confused:???

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
thanks to everybody!!!! i feel soooooo much better now. up until recently we were always able to go off season and wait until the discounts were out but because of a family reunion in august this trip we have to take that plus school schedules into account so it's a summer trip or none. with what everybody here has experienced i think we'll be good to make the change.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's similar to a question I have...
I think you'll be OK to change resorts w/ the same dates and such w/i the 45 days.;)
But, my dilemma was always taking those 2 days June 10 and 11 off ( teacher days). Now the discount is being offered on July 13- August something.:(
I would like to change it, but hubby doesn't think he could change his days.:( But, our flights are "non-refundable". So am I correct in assuming you can't change your dates!:confused:???
You can change dates, resort, tickets,....anything you want, but it sound like you are having a conflict with promotion dates. For a promotion you must check in inside the dates of the promotion. When it comes to airfare you are at the mercy of your airline.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
seems like everything transferred smoothly but knowing how their computer system "improvements" have been lately...well i guess we'll see when we actually get there lol. we ended up changing from pofq to cbr. i prefer pofq of the two but for a savings of $396...yeah...i'm adjustable.

Upvote 0

Stu bailey

Just did it Tuesday. Saved 1500k on my initial booking for this July as I "rebooked" trip over the phone to take advantage of discount. Limited rooms each resort. Do it now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom