Changing FP+ Reservations through App

lincolnryan

Original Poster
I have 3 kids under the age of 6 and we made all the FP+ MK reservations for mid-late morning. Since we're going at a time with low crowds and plan to get there at park opening, I'm thinking that there will be situations where we'll skip the FP and just do standby.

How easy is it to do this from the APP and within the park? I could move the FP+ to the afternoon, but unsure how the naps/breaks will go and don't want to rush back.

While I know I could just use them up and then get the rolling FP, as I look at the wait times I'm thinking that I might be able to get away with just pushing all of them (Besides 7DMT) back to later in the day right from the APP (without going to the kiosk)

lilclerk

Super easy. Just tap the one you want to change on the home screen when you open the app, and go through the steps till it shows you the available times. The only thing to worry about is if the attraction you want to change for is available & has good times for you later in the day. If you have your selections made already, you can try it now on the app, just back out without actually selecting a time.

lincolnryan

Original Poster
Ok thanks! Our selections are mostly Peter Pan's flight, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. So I think we should be able to push them back without issue it would seem.

lincolnryan

Original Poster
One other question, should I change the time prior to going on the ride through the standby line? Or do you have to just do it before the window closes? If you stand in a standby line during the FP+ window, it doesn't "take away" the FP from your account right?

Traver Freeman

One other question, should I change the time prior to going on the ride through the standby line? Or do you have to just do it before the window closes? If you stand in a standby line during the FP+ window, it doesn't "take away" the FP from your account right?

Fastpasses are only taken off your account if you scan your wrist band in the fastpass lane or the time expires.

I had a terrible experience make changes to my fastpasses through the app. At least adding new ones. We used all the ones I did online, and I tried making new ones and it never worked. We always had to go to a kiosk and have a cast member do it for us. I don't know why it didn't work. I'm very tech savvy, so believe me, it wasn't a user-error.

Traver Freeman

Ok thanks! Our selections are mostly Peter Pan's flight, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. So I think we should be able to push them back without issue it would seem.

Depending on the time of year you're going and the time of day you go to the park, Pirates will not need a fastpass. Peter Pan certainly will, that always has a line. And I've seen Space Mountain with fairly short lines first thing in the morning, but then it picks up.

But Pirates only gets a really long line during the hot parts of the day when everyone wants to be inside. It could be really busy though if you're going during a busy time of the year.

Tuvalu

I had a terrible experience make changes to my fastpasses through the app. At least adding new ones. We used all the ones I did online, and I tried making new ones and it never worked. We always had to go to a kiosk and have a cast member do it for us. I don't know why it didn't work. I'm very tech savvy, so believe me, it wasn't a user-error.
Once you have used your initial 3 fastpasses, you MUST go to a kiosk for your 4th, 5th etc. fastpasses. You cannot make additional fastpasses from the app or website.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom