Changes to Value Resort Preferred Room Locations

JPVonDrake

Due to their popularity and Guest requests, Disney is increasing the number of Preferred Rooms at Disney's Pop Century Classic Years Resort and Disney's All Star Movies Resort, effective for all new reservations created on or after May 1st, 2006. This change will make these new Preferred Rooms consistent with the existing Preferred Rooms at these two resorts.

At Disney's Pop Century Classic Years Resort, preferred rooms will now included all rooms in the 60's buildings, and select rooms in the 50's buildings and 70's buildings, due to their proximity to the main lobby area. Standard rooms will now include select rooms in the 50's and 70's buildings and all rooms in the 80's and 90's buildings.

At Disney's All Star Movies Resort, preferred rooms will now included all rooms in the Fantasia, Toy Story, and 101 Dalmatians buildings again due to their proximity to the main lobby area. Standard rooms will now include all rooms in the Love Bug and Mighty Ducks buildings.

Preferred Rooms are the ones closest to the Resort's Front Desk, Food Court, Gift Shop, Arcade, Transportation, and playground. Standard Rooms are all remaining rooms at the Value Resort.

Guest who have booked a future reservation at these two resorts prior to May 1st, 2006 will not be affected.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

AEfx

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The best kept secret was those rooms in the 50's. 50's Building A is my second home, LOL - and I bet those are the "selected" rooms in that section.

But I just can't see paying for "prefered"...I'm just too cheap I guess. That's an extra $70 for a week's stay, which is a nice meal or two or even an extra night's lodging. I'll suffer with the extra 30-60 second walk to the "standard" rooms. ;)

Thanks for the update, as always, JP! (Even when it's not what we want to hear, LOL.)

AEfx

Upvote 0

Dwarful

ah yes, I knew it would happen sooner or later. We love Dalmations at Movies...But like previously posted, I don't really want to fork out the extra $$$ with 3 rooms at 10 nights each it adds up quickly.

Upvote 0

ddbutts1

We did preferred rooms once, at Pop, won't ever do it again. The rooms were overlooking the Hippy Dippy pool and were noisy all night long. We would rather have paid standard rates and had a room in the 70's.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Doh!! That stinks, the boys love the Toy Story buildings.... oh well, there's still All Star Sports.... ;) Not that we'd stay at Value Resorts anymore with a DVC membership, but...

(Soapbox moment)

Greedy pigs!!! :fork: :fork: :fork:

(end soapbox moment)

Upvote 0

tecowdw

HauntedPirate said:
Doh!! That stinks, the boys love the Toy Story buildings.... oh well, there's still All Star Sports.... ;) Not that we'd stay at Value Resorts anymore with a DVC membership, but...

(Soapbox moment)

Greedy pigs!!! :fork: :fork: :fork:

(end soapbox moment)
Goes with the majority of the other resorts too. The Polynesian has lagoon views and higher priced MK view rooms this year. I noticed the Contemporary has Bay Lake Tower views with MK Tower views at a premium now. You know the old saying...tt's location, location, location!!

Just a matter of sqeezing more $$ out of as many people as possible ~ a travel industry trend, I'm afraid (can't believe airlines might charge extra for aisle seats). The scary part is enough people will pay this premium for the "preferred" rooms so they will see no reason to discontinue the practice from here on.
:cry:

I just wonder when things will get priced out of most people's reach to stay on property? (I shutter to think about having to stay...gulp...off site!)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

In my opinion this is really annoying. They are really limiting the options for people now. Why not just raise the resorts rack rates and make everything the same price.

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

OK, we made All Star Movies reservations for Dec.(before May 1st) and requested Dalmations. I know that they can't guarantee it, but... Now, should I call back and ask for preferred rooms so we can be sure to get Dalmations? I guess I am over worried that people requesting preferred rooms will get those spaces first!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

DisneyInsider said:
In my opinion this is really annoying. They are really limiting the options for people now. Why not just raise the resorts rack rates and make everything the same price.
Because then they couldn't say that you can go to WDW for a week w/ a family of four for just $1500!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

MinnieMommy said:
OK, we made All Sar Movies reservations for Dec.(before May 1st) and requested Dalmations. I know that they can't guarantee it, but... Now, should I call back and ask for preferred rooms so we can be sure to get Dalmations? I guess I am over worried that people requesting preferred rooms will get those spaces first!
If you wanna guarantee a good chance, you need a preferred room I'd guess. I'm sure preferred view guests will get priority even with the people "grandfathered" over w/ the old preferred/standard set-up.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Folks prior to this change were never guaranteed a room location with standard views. Thus, now that Dalmations is preferred, is almost a guarantee you wont be there. It is now a request that will be ignored - as an attempt at a free upgrade, rather than something within the accomadtion you paid for.

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

Thanks for the help so far! One more thing... I know this may sound stupid, but can we call back and change the package reservation requesting a preferred room at dalmations or will they have to redo the whole reservation? The CM who helped us with the ressies on the phone was great - and we want him to get credit for our package. My husband is in sales, and we know how commision / spiff income works! I hope this is not a silly question - this is just new territory! Thanks!!

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Doesn't really bother me, I suppose, but I'm not travelling with kids and I don't mind walking a bit. Also, I usually travel during the "empty" times of the year, and the desk staff will often put me in a preferred room anyway (without me asking for it. They just ask what building I want and I tell them "whatever's open -- I'm easy to please"). Either way, good to know -- thanks for the info, JP.

Upvote 0

RedGear

AEfx said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The best kept secret was those rooms in the 50's. 50's Building A is my second home, LOL - and I bet those are the "selected" rooms in that section.

But I just can't see paying for "prefered"...I'm just too cheap I guess. That's an extra $70 for a week's stay, which is a nice meal or two or even an extra night's lodging. I'll suffer with the extra 30-60 second walk to the "standard" rooms. ;)

AEfx

Don't feel bad, I am too cheap too to pay for a perferred view, why not save some of that money and spend it on something else like a nice meal. who looks out their window anyway? We had the shades drawn the whole time!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Well this just stinks. It was bound to happen at Pop, I guess, but even though 60's was preferred I had no desire to stay in that building because of the noise of the main pool.

Upvote 0

mhead

shoppingnut said:
Well this just stinks. It was bound to happen at Pop, I guess, but even though 60's was preferred I had no desire to stay in that building because of the noise of the main pool.

The noise did not bother me but the HORRIBLE parking did! You pay for a preferred room and you have to park further away than any other building.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

WOW!!--things in general usually don't work out too well for me, but I made my reservation last month and requested 50's Building A (although the reservations people called it Building 1--didn't know which one was "A"). Looks like I'll get a preferred room for the "common folk" price.

Now if airfares would only come down...a lot!!:brick:

mhead said:
The noise did not bother me but the HORRIBLE parking did! You pay for a preferred room and you have to park further away than any other building.

Very true. If you will have a car, it is a good idea to check the map and make room requests with an eye to where parking is located.

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

I personally would not pay more for a "preferred room location"...the only thing that I do in the room is shower and sleep.

Since I am usually at the parks from opening until closing, (a bit tiring, but well worth it) that means that I am only in the rooms about 6-7 hours each day. Mostly sleeping...

As for the view from the rooms I....don't...remember looking out of the windows in the room...

Just my own opinions.

Upvote 0

AEfx

RedGear said:
Don't feel bad, I am too cheap too to pay for a perferred view, why not save some of that money and spend it on something else like a nice meal. who looks out their window anyway? We had the shades drawn the whole time!

Oh, it was nothing about the view. 50's building A is just a nice location because of the very reason they are making them "preferred" now. This does make perfect sense because 50's building A (also referred to as Building 1) is actually closer to the Everything Pop than the majority of the rooms in the "preferred rooms" in the 60's.

I'm not really upset, LOL, it was just a nice little thing that lasted for awhile and now is gone. I just loved how close it was to walk to 50's A after a long day at the parks - it literally is the closest to the bus stops. But not enough to pay another ten bucks a day for. As you and I both said, I'd rather use the $ for things that matter more.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom