change?

fullerdb

A friend tried to make a reservation at cindy's for breakfeast over the christmas period and was told 3 times she could not make that reservation unless she was staying on property. Has there been a change in the reservation system for the castle ( i went last year and booked even though i stayed off site during christmas) and has the new class warfare begun?

happymom52003

No. You do not have to stay on property to make an ADR at any place. She must have been calling before the 180 day mark of the date she wanted. She is probably confused....if you are staying on property, you can make adr's for up to 10 days (I think it is 10...someone correct me if I am wrong....I am going by memory on this and am probably wrong!!) starting 180 days from your check in date. So you can book all of your meals for your stay with the one phone call (although due to the extreme popularity of Cinderella's Royal Table in order to actually get an adr for breakfast or lunch at the castle you have to call 180 days before the exact date regardless if you are staying on property or not....if you call 180 days before your check in date and try to make an adr at the castle for a date later in your trip, you will probably be told it is all booked up....but it really is not all booked up....if you call back first thing when the phone lines open exactly 180 days before the date you want you can probably get an adr...they hold the times aside, otherwise resort guests would take up all of the adr's since they can book meals for their entire trip and people staying off site would never have a chance at getting an adr at the castle...but you will not have this problem with getting a dinner adr at the castle....sorry, i know this is confusing!!). If you are staying off property, then you have to call exactly 180 days before each day of your vacation to make your adrs....which means calling everyday for a week or however long your stay is. There must have been a miscommunication somewhere with your friend and the cast member. Maybe she was calling exactly 180 days before the first day of her vacation, but was trying to book a meal at the castle for a later day in her stay?? If that was the case, then the CM was right. I apologize for the long winded and probably very confusing answer, but it is very late and I should be in bed!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom