Change to the last scene on the haunted mansion

Yankees23

Original Poster
I was riding the Haunted Mansion this morning and the last scene where the hitch hiking ghosts appear in your doombuggy was changed. Does anyone know why this is?

Yankees23

Original Poster
As you look into the mirror you do not see yourself in the doombuggy all you see is one of the hitch hiking ghosts in the buggy by himself. I have been here every year since they remodeled the ride and have never seen it before. I was just wondering if anyone else saw it this morning.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The HM has had this where the ghost "plays" with the gues, I think it is cute. I have always been able to see myself in the mirror too though. The HM at Disneyland still has it the original way with the hitch hiking ghost.

Yankees23

Original Poster
They were definitely digital but it was not like they were the past times I rode haunted mansion. It almost reminded me of the old version except they were digital.

nolatron

Aren't the mirrors not really mirrors but regular projection screens? I wonder if there's something wrong with the interactive stuff and they're just displaying a basic "static" video of the hitchhikers. Would explain the empty buggies being shown.

Bairstow

Aren't the mirrors not really mirrors but regular projection screens? I wonder if there's something wrong with the interactive stuff and they're just displaying a basic "static" video of the hitchhikers. Would explain the empty buggies being shown.

They're still 2-way mirrors. The new screens are behind the mirrors in place of the animatronics that used to move on a little circuit back there.
It sounds like a lighting problem, actually. Having both the guests' reflections and the CGI ghosts visible at the same time requires careful balancing of the light on each side of the mirrors. Too little light on the guests' side would make their own reflections invisible compared to the projections behind the mirrors.

yy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom