Center of Property

DONALDisMYhero

Original Poster
The last time I visited Epcot, I was told that the center of the WDW Resort was located near the fountain behind SSE. My sister and I were searching for a while looking for it, but had no luck. Does anybody know the exact location?

EPCOT Explorer

It USED to be in that location, but in recent years the selling off of some outlying land has caused it to shift into FW West, closer to The Land. I don't know if there is a marker for it, or not.

Hope that helps. :wave:

Rinx

I heard it's where the monument is in Future World West that has all the scientific discoveries and accomplishments. I don't know the name of that exact display.

EPCOT Explorer

I heard it's where the monument is in Future World West that has all the scientific discoveries and accomplishments. I don't know the name of that exact display.

If it is, it's a coincidence. That was there before the Center moved.

Not sure of the name, either, but I love that little detail. So smart and fitting for EPCOT.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've heard both the Epcot Symbol and the Discoveries in FW West both being considered the "Center" of property (before some was sold off, etc.), so I don't know which one was true

raven

As you walk through the west breezway toward The Land you will see several large circles making a "target" on the ground. It has many quotes around the circle but it also maks the center of the property.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The center of property is very transitional and ever changing. Every time Disney annexes or de-annexes property the physical location will change. Any marker found will be a ceremonial marker at best. Besides there are different ways to find the center of a property with such undulating property lines.

Phonedave

The center of property is very transitional and ever changing. Every time Disney annexes or de-annexes property the physical location will change. Any marker found will be a ceremonial marker at best. Besides there are different ways to find the center of a property with such undulating property lines.

I would guess the "correct" way would be the same as the centroid of mass.

Since we cant hang it from a string, I guess someone has to intergrate over the surface of the property. Hey, something for Engineers Week in EPCOT.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom