celeberity sightings at WDW?

Officer Tigger

Original Poster
On our honeymoon we stayed in one of the honeymoon suites at the Grand Floridian. On morning I went to get breakfast up on the concierge floor. I started for the coffee pot and stopped because some one else was also reaching for it. I stopped and said go ahead. When I looked again it was Wayne Gretzky. Wow, what a shock to see him, and his family there.
Since he had his kids and one of them was sticking his fingers inside the donuts to see what was inside, I just waved and said looks like you got your hands full. I didn't want to bother him and his family so I just walked away.
Anyone else have a story to tell?

Main Street USA

Awesome! Wayne Gretzky!

For other stories, head up to the top of the page and utilize the "search" function. there are a few different super long threads about celebrity sightings, and there are some really good stories, too! :)

TashaSW

Ya!

A few years ago, my dad and i were ahead of my mom, my sister and my sisters 2 friends. We went to the line up for the boats to be taken to the MGM Studios from Disney's Boardwalk Hotel.
Well, guy stood behind me and my dad and my mom and the rest stood behind him. I looked behind me, saw he looked famillar then I saw my sister and her friends being really weird (you know, you see a TV star and some poeple get all nuts)
anyway, I realized it was Jason Marsen (sp?) who played on Step By Step with Suzanne Sommers. (i forgot his char name but he played JT's best friend and Dana's boyfriend).
Well, since we;re suppose to be with the others, I told Jason he could stand in front of me and my dad since the rest of the family was behind him. and he and my dad small talked a little.
When my sister got behind me she was like "IS HE? IS HE??" lol i nodded and wow, she and her friends were yelling and jumping all over him.
He smiled.. signed autographs for them.
Then the boat comes and we go on. He comes up and sits near me and says "do you want an autograph too?" I said "ok sure."

My sister at the hotel said to me "He liked you best... you were much more well behaved and mature"
I asked why she was saying that cause usually she doesn;t care!! lol
And she said "well, we saw him again later and this time he was wearing a cap and sunglasses and acting like he didn;t want to be bothered by screaming fans."

hehe
I respect actors/actresses :) They are just like us.. the only differences is they work in TV and Movie business.. if you should see them in places like Disney, nothing wrong with saying HI and small talk but they are having personal time away from tv.movie making (Vacations..etc) And most times they don;t want to be bothered by screaming fans as my sister puts it.

I saw the Full House Cast at Disney world too! hehe (no, not in person but they filmed 2 episodes in Disneyworld so it was nice seeing a show you like taking place in a park (or area) your VERY VERY famillar with)

Tasha

epcotfan

I saw George Lucas outside of Horizons. My aunt saw John Ritter and his family at the MK right before the MSEP. When MGM had Star Of The Day we saw Wil Wheaton and Phyllis Diller.

skeeter

This past May I was waiting by Norway for Illuminations when a golf cart came by with George and Barbara Bush and several secret service-there were what appeared to be some cm's on segways riding alongside-it was somewhat surreal but goes to show that surprises always await at Disney ;)

DSpear456

During my college program I saw Brett Favre, James Brown(riding in an electric wheelchair) Shaq, Michael Jackson, John Travolta, Justin Timberlake, Cameron Diaz, a bunch of WWE stars, Faith Hill, Tim Mcgraw, Scotty Pippen, 2 guys from Boyz II Men, a couple baseball players, members of blink 182, john stamos, a couple football players, and eve Michael Eisner. Those are the ones I remember. Its actually pretty easy to spot famous people in the park as long as they have a VIP host with them (wearing a red plad vest and blue pants or blue skirt). Not only that but managers in the area will hear about it and come out on stage to see them as well.

Kadee

We met Lavar Burton. VERY nice guy! He told my daughter (who was 10 at the time) how important is was for her to keep reading and do well in school. I was very impressed by him.

HinunterZuNich

Last summer (August 2003) while in the waiting to enter Muppets in 3D(4d?), I noticed someone really big that definetly looked like a wrestler. It turned out to be Shawn Michael's and his family. No one bothered him, or recognized him so there wasn't any autographs,etc.... I couldn't believe how tall he was because on tv he seemed much smaller.

Number_6

I remember in the early days of the Disney/MGM studios, the backlot tour also brought you through the soundstages they recorded things in. You would be in an upper area looking down over the whole soundstage. We passed through the first one where a commercial was being filmed for Toys R Us(one with a couple in a tux and evening gown sitting at an intimate dinner table talking about the deals they got on Christmas gifts for the kids). When we went into the next one, we saw Lou Gossett Jr, who was filming something for the Studios. They used to have these television monitors set up in areas like the queue for the backlot tour that showed discussions with different celebrities about working on movies and things about Disney and his was being recorded. I thought that was pretty cool. Also, although I didn't see them in person, I was happy to find out that during one of my trips, Princess Diana was there with the young Princes having a nice vacation. Got to see some footage of them on one of the rides(it might have been Splash Mountain, but don't quote me on it).

bigfatdonna

We met Mr. T at the Coronado Springs gift shop. He was so happy, just a hummin' to his little self. When I asked if I could shake his hand he practically grabbed me and hugged me. He called his personal assistant over, handed her our camera, and asked if she'd mind snapping a photo of him with his new "friends". I feared after asking to shake his hand, I might be met with a response such as, "I pity the fool that asks to shake my hand!" Surprise, surprise when he grabs and hugs me!! Truly, one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet!! :D

killaleejr

this past summer, i was at the magic kingdom with my two brothers and three friends. we were waiting in line for the jungle cruise when this very tall guy walks straight by us with his family. as they walk through the exit sign to go straight to the front i recognized him as PJ Brown of the New Orleans Hornets. Now being the sports fans that we all are, we all got excited and started yelling out his name and waving. Being the nice guy that he is, he gave us the wave back and made his way right onto the boat while the rest of us had to wait in the long line

lee is a stud

JohnMan

I'm pretty sure this happened around 1985, think I was 12 at the time. Anyway my family (bro, mom and dad) had dinner reservations at the Japanese pavillion in Epcot. While waiting for a table a large group of people came in and right in the middle of the crowd was Micheal Jackson and Emanuel Lewis. My brother and I freaked (both huge Jackson fans at the time) and told our folks we'll just wait in the lobby for Micheal to come out. We waited and once the crowd went to leave, we asked Micheal if we could take a picture. He motioned to his entourage to move back - we snapped a picture and he was out of there.

I saw him a number of years later at MGM studios w/ Culkin, but I was in my metal phase and didn't really care :fork:

I also road on the Skyway behind Cindy Williams (Laverne & Shirley) and her family once.

I'm heading down again this November - have a feeling I won't be seeing Jacko this time...

Thrawn

Account Suspended
HinunterZuNich said:
Last summer (August 2003) while in the waiting to enter Muppets in 3D(4d?), I noticed someone really big that definetly looked like a wrestler. It turned out to be Shawn Michael's and his family. No one bothered him, or recognized him so there wasn't any autographs,etc.... I couldn't believe how tall he was because on tv he seemed much smaller.

Shawn Michaels is only 6 feet tall or so ...

I saw Jane Seymour (War and Rememberance, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, lots more) at Conservation Station during AK's soft opening.

lamarvenoy

bigfatdonna said:
We met Mr. T at the Coronado Springs gift shop. He was so happy, just a hummin' to his little self. When I asked if I could shake his hand he practically grabbed me and hugged me. He called his personal assistant over, handed her our camera, and asked if she'd mind snapping a photo of him with his new "friends". I feared after asking to shake his hand, I might be met with a response such as, "I pity the fool that asks to shake my hand!" Surprise, surprise when he grabs and hugs me!! Truly, one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet!! :D

My buddy Rob lived in the same suberb as Mr T outside Chicago back in the mid 80's. He lived a couple streets away and would see him all the time driving around in his convertible Bentley in Mr T's standard ripped up shirts and tons of gold....in a $200k Bentley. I would of thought the Ferrari type of guy but I guess not. He talked to him a ton of times and he had a bunch of pictures,pretty swank house. He was always a genuine nice guy.

DSpear456 said:
During my college program I saw Brett Favre, James Brown(riding in an electric wheelchair) Shaq, Michael Jackson, John Travolta, Justin Timberlake, Cameron Diaz, a bunch of WWE stars, Faith Hill, Tim Mcgraw, Scotty Pippen, 2 guys from Boyz II Men, a couple baseball players, members of blink 182, john stamos, a couple football players, and eve Michael Eisner. Those are the ones I remember. Its actually pretty easy to spot famous people in the park as long as they have a VIP host with them (wearing a red plad vest and blue pants or blue skirt). Not only that but managers in the area will hear about it and come out on stage to see them as well.
i am quite jealous of you. blink 182 is by far my favorite band, i would love to meet them. do you have pics???

rainfully

Whenever I go to WDW, for some reason I'm always running in to one of the biggest celebs in the world... he's always happy to pose for pictures and sign autographs... one of the nicest guys in the world. Unfortunately he doesn't say much, though.

Oh, I'm talkin' about Mickey Mouse.

:D

spaceranger3

When I was working at The Great Movie Ride this summer, I got on my vehicle as tour guide only to find Dennis Quaid sitting next to me with his son (assumably also Meg Ryan's son?) Rather nerve racking...

tigger248

I met someone very special on my cp. A NYC firefighter who survived 9/11/01. All I could do was thank him for what he'd done a year earlier.

I also met a few other celebs, but not many. They seemed to come on my off days or after/before my shifts! I did manage to meet Method Man and several soap stars at ABC's Super Soap Weekend. And I saw Regis and Kelly when they taped the Christmas Parade. Then I saw Montel, as well as the soap stars, when I returned a year later for Super Soap Weekend.

Celebs are fairly easy to spot when they're out. Like it was mentioned earlier, just look for the plaid guest relations vests. I've learned to always be on the lookout whenever I see guest relations out in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom