Cbr?

excitedmom

hi everyone! i have booked CBR for september and i have a couple questions

1. is it busy in sept?
2. how is the food?
3. i've heard some bad and good about the busses re lots of stops before you even leave the resort. Does it really take that long for it to stop at all the stops or do people exaggerate? i'm not in that much of a hurry that the bus stopping a few times is going to bother me but if it takes half an hour then i do have my rental car.

thanks in advance!

DDPGambit

I don't know much about the food at CBR, but as far as how busy it will be in September... It's not. September is one of the slowest times of the year in Disney.
About the busses, depending upon which "island" you get, you might be the first or the last stop. It really doesn't take more than 10 extra mintues for the bus to go to all the stops before it leaves the resort.

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
CBR

Hey!

you're talking about my favorite resort! so im chiming in!

I stayed there two weeks on my honeymoon!

I dont think your crowds will be big at all! That is a somewhat slower time of year!

check out the link below in my signature to see pics of the resort plus you can watch Illuminations from CBR, I have pics of that as well from CBR.

Buses, Listen, here's the deal. It doesnt matter where you stay at CBR, if you're the first or last it only takes a few extra minutes to drop you off. the thing is though, after 1 week we decided it was just much faster to drive our own car, UNLESS we were going to MK. MK takes way longer in a car, because the bus drops you off at the front of the park. No need for riding the monorail or ferry.

I think at some parks we waited more than a half hour for a bus. The one comes, leaves and it's forever until another one comes. If you are at Epcot or MGM, just drive. The reason I say is because when you are leaving to come home at the end of the night, everyone is leaving with you and the buses get jammed up. MGM is 2 minutes from the CBR but it could take a half hour by bus. Also Epcot and MGM have small parking lots which means the trams are more frequent and in most cases you can just walk, especially at Epcot.

We caught on to this after one week of riding nothing but the bus. We wanted to not have to tough our car the whole week but got tired of waiting in endless lines for a bus.

going to the parks isnt the problem, it's leaving to come home after the night shows are over.

Upvote 0

normbalko

I stayed at CBR in Jan. 2003. I thought the bus system was great! The few stops the buses make go by very fast, no big deal. And I don't think we ever waited more than 15-20 minutes for a bus to pick us up from any park. We were always impressed by how as soon as we got to a bus stop, a bus was usually pulling in to get us! Maybe it was just our luck, but we really liked the bus! The foodcourt at CBR is nice because of the variety. There were lots of different choices, and everything we ate there was pretty good. Somewhat pricey, but not too bad. You will have fun at CBR!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I am a very heavy fan of Caribbean Beach--everything about it makes me smile, even after a dozen stays there.

When you get on your bus, no matter what island you are on, it will not be more than 5 minutes before you leave the Resort, especially during that slow time of travel that you will be vacationing. And besides, most resorts have a similar setup, the deluxe Epcot Resorts, and the swan/dolphin on occassion, are ALL on the same bus loop for the parks. There are other examples as well of multiple stops. Most resorts have to make several stops, whether it be internal as is the case with CBR, or external at other resort properties. You won't have a problem at all.

And Disney tansport, especially the busses, are much more convenient than a car....even if you randomly have to wait a half hour for a bus. They drop you off right in front. In cars, you ahev to park away and maneuver through a busy parking lot. Stick with the busses, boats, et al.

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

I'm a huge fan of CBR, too. I'm staying there for the 3rd time this spring. They have a great foodcourt- something for everyone.

As for the bus issue, here are the commuting times according to the 2004 Unofficial Guide to WDW:

From CBR to MK-
26-47 minutes by car
13-40 minutes by bus

From CBR to Epcot-
13-23 mins by car
12-45 mins by bus

From CBR to MGM-
10-19 mins by car
6-33 mins by bus

From CBR to AK-
15-18 mins by car
15-46 mins by bus

I've stayed at CBR in August and July and always found the bus system to be timely and more convenient than driving. -Stephanie

Upvote 0

SlideOperatorCP

I loved the food at CBR! It is set up really neat and there is something for everyone, everyday! I really liked all the items you could get al a carte... A few times I bought 2 pieces of bread and some peanut butter (there is free jelly with all the condiments) and I made some peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches for the parks.... My boyfriend found lots of great things to eat as well! The kids meals come in pails with a little shovel that the kids could keep! plus there is lots of fruits and a lot of chips and nutragrain bars if you are in a rush! ... make sure you try one of the HUGE cupcakes!!! :slurp:

I never had a problem taking the bus, (but I am VERY used to Boston's public transportation... so if you are not used to taking a bus or waiting around for a late subeway train, it might not be too fun at the end of a looooooooooong night!) It's a big resort so there are a lot of people for one bus... so just be patient at the end of the night! Either leave a park early or stick around till the crouwds die down... but the mornings were no problem at all!

It won't be too crowded at all when you go! Have so much fun!!!!

Upvote 0

imagineer99

I don't wanna knock Disney Transportation. However, I would definitely encourage you to rent a car...

I have stayed in multiple Disney Resorts and I can't imagine not having our own transportation method. It seems to me that every park (even MK) can be gotten to more quickly be car. Also, going to places like Downtown Disney, golf courses, wide world of sports, Disney Quest, and other hotels (for restuarants and such) is a complete joke with Disney Transportation. It took me an hour and a half to go from Yacht Club to Downtown Disney. It would have taken like five minutes by car.

That said, Disney Transportation is very clean, cool, and is also convienent. If one of your group wants to go somewhere else then they could eaisly board a bus and you wouldn't have to worry about them making it back safely.

I guess the answer to your transportation rests with how much you want to see and how quickly it has to get done. I'm only at WDW for very short periods, so without a car I would be stuck. Renting a compact car is really not expensive at all!

Hope this Helps!:)

Upvote 0

marynorth

September is the BEST time to go! It was so empty when we went in 2002 that my husband and daughter got to stay on Splash Mtn. three times in a row. Also, I just don't like the bus system. But I think that is my personal problem with waiting. I like having the personal freedom of getting in my own car instead of waiting on a bus.

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
well

Originally posted by imagineer99
I don't wanna knock Disney Transportation. However, I would definitely encourage you to rent a car...

I have stayed in multiple Disney Resorts and I can't imagine not having our own transportation method. It seems to me that every park (even MK) can be gotten to more quickly be car. Also, going to places like Downtown Disney, golf courses, wide world of sports, Disney Quest, and other hotels (for restuarants and such) is a complete joke with Disney Transportation. It took me an hour and a half to go from Yacht Club to Downtown Disney. It would have taken like five minutes by car.

That said, Disney Transportation is very clean, cool, and is also convienent. If one of your group wants to go somewhere else then they could eaisly board a bus and you wouldn't have to worry about them making it back safely.

I guess the answer to your transportation rests with how much you want to see and how quickly it has to get done. I'm only at WDW for very short periods, so without a car I would be stuck. Renting a compact car is really not expensive at all!

Hope this Helps!:)

I agree with the fact that it's quicker to get to the parks by car than by Disney Transportation, except MK> MK does take longer by your own car. You have to park, take a tam to the monorail, then monorail to MK, where the bus drops you off at the gate.

Anyways, if you have a car, you may use it, if you are flying in without a car, you're better off not renting and wasting the money and just using the bus.

Sure it may take 5 minutes longer but it's not worth renting a car just to go to and from the park.

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, Christmas 2002 for the first time, and loved it. We were scheduled to stay at the WL for Christmas 2004, but just recently switched our reservations to the CBR.

The rooms are big, there are plenty of options at the food court, and the ambiance is great. Theres nothing like the smell of all the flowers in December. (You don't get many flowers up in Plattsburgh, NY in December)

We stayed in Aruba (building 52) and found it easier to catch the bus at Port Royale. I think we only had two other stops before we left for the parks, etc. I can't imagine driving down there. Although we didn't go this past Christmas, we got the opportunity to in July, I saw the traffic jam pictures on New Year's Eve.

Only 335 days until we're back! :sohappy:

I reccomend the CBR and don't worry about the busses, just enjot your trip.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

I've stayed at CBR on several occasions, each during different months of the year. In the months of August and June, on 2 separate trips, the longest I can recall waiting for any single bus was no more than 20 minutes. Usually, in the early mornings around park opening time the busses come rather quickly. As far as food goes, the menu items are very similar, if not identical to what is offered at all the other resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom