CBR Question

alite

I recently booked a package for the end of September :sohappy: and requested the Jamaica or Martinique. The travel agent told me that these were preferred buildings and there was a charge for them. I know there is preferred views and waterviews, but I never heard of whole buildings being preferred and charging extra. Anyone know if there is any truth to this or was the agent in error?

Thanks

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Martinique I understand because it's right next to Old Port Royale - Jamaica is just across the bridge, but so is Aruba and Aruba is certainly not a room category.

It does have various categories - standard, water view, and prefered. What defines them I'm not sure, where's JP?

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Martinique and Trinidad (I don't know if it's North and South or just one) are preferred buildings because of their close proximity to Old Port Royale and they cost I believe $10 more a night. I don't know where the CM got Jamaica from.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

maelstrom said:
Martinique and Trinidad (I don't know if it's North and South or just one) are preferred buildings because of their close proximity to Old Port Royale and they cost I believe $10 more a night. I don't know where the CM got Jamaica from.

Martinique and Trinidad North are the preferred buildings b/c of their close proximity to Old Port Royale. Put the extra money to a lake view room instead, but in Aruba or Jamica which are only a short 5 minute walk from the other side of the lake. Aruba and Jamaica are not the Disney preferred location costing extra bucks, but they are both preferred islands to many repeat visitors.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

surfsupdon said:
Martinique and Trinidad North are the preferred buildings b/c of their close proximity to Old Port Royale...

This is correct. The Disney Caribbean Beach Resort has 4 room catogories:

Standard View $134 - $184
Water View $149 - $209
King Bed Room (veiw varies) $149 - $209
Preferred Room (view vaires) $149 - $209

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

alite

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers everyone. I stayed at the Coronado last year and got the building, not room, I requested without extra charge. This was the first time hearing of buildings being preferred.:confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom