CBR For the First time.

I have read the threads about different Moderate resorts. This is our first time going to the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have always stayed at the All Star Music, and while I loved the themes, It could get quite load. I know that the CBR is a Large resort and we have requested to stay close to the Port Royal (hub). Besides the size of the resort, how is the resort as a whole?

xsupaxmanxsfnex

It is very big. I stayed there in July and really enjoyed it. I liked the theming, it was really close to DHS and Epcot. We stayed in Aruba and our walk to Old Port Royal wasn't bad. WE had to walk across the middle island but it was horrible. The pools are good, and the resort has some great foliage. I hope you like it.

Upvote 0
I LOVE this resort! It is absolutely beautiful, and fun for both kids and adults. I am a huge Disney fan, but I personally find the decor at the value resorts a little over-the-top. CB is beautiful, tropical and relaxing but still has some really great theming that the kids will love. Good call requesting a preferred location. We have stayed twice, once close to OPR and once very, very far away! You made the right choice!

BTW: it also has my favorite food court, and the sit-down restaurant is nice, too!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

The Disney Kid

Very spread out. There are a lot of bus stops, you are never too far from one, so getting around is not a problem. However, if you go to the food court/main pool area, odds are, you are going to have a pretty fair hike. But, like disneychic71 said, the place is beautiful and well worth walking through.

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

We have stayed their on our last two trips and enjoyed it. There is a great atmosphere and it looks really good. Hope you have a great time.

Upvote 0
CBR is the first Disney resort that my family ever stayed at many many years ago. We loved it from the get-go, but we also love tropical. Since it was our first-ever stay on Disney property, the resort will always be a favorite. The first time we stayed we had a room in Martinique - which was very handy to the food court. And there were birds on the cross-over island in the lake. They have since been removed, but there are still places to sit and relax on that small island. If you are into running, then you'll enjoy the loop around the lake. Unlike many of the other resorts, CBR has several large pools scattered amongst the island areas. Though the resort is rather large, it does not seem as though there are people stacked upon people. I get this feeling when we stay at the All-Stars and POP. When I was there in the summer I went by CBR a few times and there didn't seem to be many cars in the parking lot. Of course this was during the day when people may have been out on an adventure. I WANT people to stay there because I like it so much! Hope your stay is awesome and memorable!!!

Upvote 0

MouseWorshipper

Note: The CBR main pool is closed until the end of September.

CBR has some major flaws, the big two being size and the inadequate food court. But if you can deal with these problems, CBR is lotsa fun! It's tropical, casual, and playful. There is always something going on - a scavenger hunt, water sports, or you can always go to your private beach and nap in a hammock. The cabana has fun drinks and the swimsuit shop is the best place in WDW to find swimwear. The arcade is small, but great for kids.

You're going to love it! :)

Upvote 0

NYY2SMP

this is the resort we stayed at during are first trip to WDW. This resort rocks. The pool was awesome. The food court has good food and the bus stops are ok.

Upvote 0

LuisT

I just LOVE this hotel. Its huge and has pretty good theming to it. The best of all, I would have to say is the POOL! The food court is very nice as well. Make sure you bring your walking shoes, because this hotel is huge :ROFLOL:

-Luis

Upvote 0

brianheather

Original Poster
this is the resort we stayed at during are first trip to WDW. This resort rocks. The pool was awesome. The food court has good food and the bus stops are ok.

Thank you for the reassurance... I am so worried that I am not going to like it... You know after you stay somewhere so many times, you get used to that and are afraid of trying somewhere new.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom