News Cavalcades to remain alongside full parades at Magic Kingdom as new 'Disney Adventures Friends Cavalcade' will debut spring 2022

brb1006

"The Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will feature the most characters of any cavalcade to date, including Nick and Judy from “Zootopia,” Baloo and King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” José Carioca and Panchito from “The Three Caballeros,” Miguel from “Coco,” plus Merida, Moana, The Incredibles, and so many more!"

But will it be able to top Disneyland Paris' 25th Anniversary Cavalcade?

jrhwdw

"The Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will feature the most characters of any cavalcade to date, including Nick and Judy from “Zootopia,” Baloo and King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” José Carioca and Panchito from “The Three Caballeros,” Miguel from “Coco,” plus Merida, Moana, The Incredibles, and so many more!"

But will it be able to top Disneyland Paris' 25th Anniversary Cavalcade?

LOL!!!!! Never!!!!! Too bad that was just a 1 Day Thing! If DLP had the Money/Cast, that should have been everyday!, That Castle Spectaular/Cavalcade was the highlight of the 25th! and I only saw it on YT!

Back to MK, with that many Characters, I'm starting to wonder if it's a Cavalcade or a 2nd Parade???? Would be nice if the 50th Cavalcade grows when this new one opens and FOF comes back.

aaronml

I wonder if FoF (and parades in general) will have fewer daily showtimes than pre-COVID due to the existence of cavalcades.

Magic Feather

I wonder if FoF (and parades in general) will have fewer daily showtimes than pre-COVID due to the existence of cavalcades.
No. Instead this will manifest in the lack of other entertainment offerings that were previously used to "keep the parade kids busy." Things like MiSi or the Frontierland Hoedown which largely existed to give parade performers something to do while FoF wasn't running will likely not return.

Casper Gutman

No. Instead this will manifest in the lack of other entertainment offerings that were previously used to "keep the parade kids busy." Things like MiSi or the Frontierland Hoedown which largely existed to give parade performers something to do while FoF wasn't running will likely not return.
MiSi?

FigmentForever96

Nope. The daily parade stays daily. In one park.
Honestly call me crazy but I’m not upset about that. Hollywood Studios having some sort of parade similar to Stars in Cars wouldn’t be awful but this cavalcade route isn’t bad. It’s perfect for parks like Epcot and def Animal Kingdom, where long parades could cause congestion problems.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would say this is, for the most part, an improvement of the MiSi concepts. Frontierland Hoedown however would be missed if it doesn’t come back.

I hope studios and animal kingdom keep their calvacades / floatillas theyre great fun!
The floatillas need a significant upgrade if they are staying. The dressed up pontoon boats were passable as a stop-gap, but look terribly out of place. Disney can and should do far better.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I actually like not having to stake out a spot or wait in line to see characters. We don’t care about hugging them, but seeing them roll by as we walk to the next ride? Love it!

I can understand and respect that. I’m just in a different place in my life and would rather see an actual parade. My kids have outgrown character appearances by years. 😀

Squishy

The floatillas need a significant upgrade if they are staying. The dressed up pontoon boats were passable as a stop-gap, but look terribly out of place. Disney can and should do far better.
Under the Disney 2021 rulebook, it's acceptable for years to come.

dreday3

Sure, but man we loved the floatillas when we finally got to see them this October! There are some spots that you can get really close and we watched almost all of them and the characters can actually see you, look right at you and we would do dance moves then they would copy! 🤣 We saw one coming and we ran over, some other couple just ran over to see why we did and then they thanked us because they didn't know about them. The floatillas were one of our favorite trip moments.

But yes, they can look better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom