Catholic churches

bethram

Does anyone know the name(s) of any Catholic churches close to WDW and roughly how long it would take to get to them? I know the time partially depends on where you are in the World, but a ballpark estimate is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

barnett

Does anyone know the name(s) of any Catholic churches close to WDW and roughly how long it would take to get to them? I know the time partially depends on where you are in the World, but a ballpark estimate is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Corpus Christi in Celebration is 10 minutes away from the property line and is really nice. Mary Queen of the Universe is like going to mass in an auditorium. Corpus Christi is easy to get to, there is on street parking and a lot. It's a local parish, very welcoming people. I prefer it over the other.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'm glad you asked this -- I've always been a little surprised that local churches aren't easier to find. In the past, we've thought about hiring a cab just to take us to Sunday morning services (we're Protestant), but it's never materialized. (I checked the recommendations at http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/churchservices.htm and it looks like "Mary Queen of the Universe," mentioned by previous posters, is definitely the closest. I confess, had I not been told it was a church, I'd have thought Mary Queen of the Universe was a 70's movie in the style of Conan the Barbarian.)

This strays a bit off-topic, but for members of the Christian faith who can't make it to a WDW-area church but don't want to neglect their spiritual life on vacation, there are some great "vacation devotionals" for families that are available online (links below -- I'm sure there are similar resources for other faiths although I didn't look). We spend about 10 minutes each morning over breakfast in our hotel room doing one, and it's a great way to put everyone in the right frame of mind to start a Disney day.

http://donotdepart.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Family-Vacation-Devotional-Guide.pdf

http://www.soapstoneumc.org/wpsystem/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Vacation-devotional-calendar.pdf

http://www.ctainc.com/Vacation_Devotionals_Free_Resources.asp

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Does the Contemporary still hold Catholic Sunday services?

Edit:

Looks like they stopped that Worship thing......
Do some holidays now, for anyone else that looks....

Religious Services

Christmas Day December 25, 2013, Catholic mass and Protestant services will be held at the Contemporary Resort in the Fantasia Ballroom. Catholic Mass is at 8 am and 10:15 am. Protestant service is at 9 am. The Contemporary parking lot, as well as the Polynesian and Grand Floridian lots, are restricted for parking during service hours and attendees are advised to use resort transportation via the resort monorail or Contemporary boat dock or walkway from the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jim1051

you can check out masstimes.org for locations and times worlswide.

Just FYI Queen of the Universe is one of the titles of Mary. It is meant to be a shrine type church. It is huge but it needs to be some days. For anyone who ever attended Mass in the luau location at Polynesian, it is a magnificent change. Of course it is a 10 minute drive away.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Just FYI Queen of the Universe is one of the titles of Mary. It is meant to be a shrine type church. It is huge but it needs to be some days. For anyone who ever attended Mass in the luau location at Polynesian, it is a magnificent change. Of course it is a 10 minute drive away.
I would imagine that any church popular enough to need a gift shop would have to be big.

Upvote 0

Nicolle

The Mary Queen of the Universe church takes a bit longer to get to for the 11:30 (I think it was that or 11) because of outlet traffic. My parents ran into that, but the next week they went to an earlier mass and did not have any trouble.

Upvote 0

Communicore

Heh it's next to the outlets, too!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom