Castle Wall Turrets

Patricia Melton

This is getting really exciting. I think when those walls are finished it will look so amazing, walking from the "forest" into the castle. I wonder if they'll have similar walls on the other side, by the old Skyway station, when the renovations over there are done. I sure hope so!

WDWBryan

The triangle between the village haus, the carousel and the castle wall is quite huge now. I was standing in the middle of it and was amazed at how open and free of traffic it is

Animaniac93-98

The triangle between the village haus, the carousel and the castle wall is quite huge now. I was standing in the middle of it and was amazed at how open and free of traffic it is

I'm hoping in the future some trees, planters and maybe a fountain will be added to break up the space. It looks too open for me from the pictures.

The Empress Lilly

Can get the embed link to work :) :

7701386384_677803d624_c.jpg
Thanks for the picture!

Patricia Melton

Great picture! I'll get more tomorrow and some of the expansion going on near HM/IASW.

AquaDuck --

Can you answer a question? Even though TDO will not confirm it, general consensus is that the new restrooms they are building near HM/IASW are going to be Tangled themed. Can you give any evidence this is definitely true?

If you could, when you are taking your pictures of that area can you keep in mind to look for any evidence it will really be Tangled themed? Not sure what to look for, but would love to know one way or the other for sure so I can tell my niece.

Also, can you look for any evidence on how TDO is going to manage the transition from Liberty Square into Fantasyland at that juncture? Will there be castle walls there like at the entrance to the castle from the Fantasyland Forest (with the walls maybe looking different on the Liberty Square side)?

I am very excited to see how this is build and if that side of the park will get castle walls like the ones that were built on the Fantasyland Forest side.

Patricia Melton

I'm hoping in the future some trees, planters and maybe a fountain will be added to break up the space. It looks too open for me from the pictures.

I saw a bunch of times that trees and plantings were going to be a big part of the FLE. I bet they are installed as the last element. I am really looking forward to seeing how big of a "forest" the FLE ends up being, since TDO said a bunch of times that it would end up being a "Fantasyland Forest".

I love the trees and the shade they bring and the sense of relaxation I get in a forest setting.

Magic Lamp

^ I believe SDMT will be covered in greenery (as depicted), there's also a mini forest in front of Maurice's cottage already and if possible, they will plant a couple of trees in the planters behind the walls on the forest side. So once you stand in the junction of the walls and the two cottages you will get the impression standing in a forest leading to Belle's village.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
^ I believe SDMT will be covered in greenery (as depicted), there's also a mini forest in front of Maurice's cottage already and if possible, they will plant a couple of trees in the planters behind the walls on the forest side. So once you stand in the junction of the walls and the two cottages you will get the impression standing in a forest leading to Belle's village.

We probably won't see the full extent of the forest until the mine train is done and they can bring the landscapping right up to the ride and blend the whole area together.

muteki

The other end of the fantasyland wall, opposite Pinocchio and between Pooh and where SWSA used to be, will that ever join with the building or are they going to leave that end open?

ToTBellHop

AquaDuck --

Can you answer a question? Even though TDO will not confirm it, general consensus is that the new restrooms they are building near HM/IASW are going to be Tangled themed. Can you give any evidence this is definitely true?

If you could, when you are taking your pictures of that area can you keep in mind to look for any evidence it will really be Tangled themed? Not sure what to look for, but would love to know one way or the other for sure so I can tell my niece.

Also, can you look for any evidence on how TDO is going to manage the transition from Liberty Square into Fantasyland at that juncture? Will there be castle walls there like at the entrance to the castle from the Fantasyland Forest (with the walls maybe looking different on the Liberty Square side)?

I am very excited to see how this is build and if that side of the park will get castle walls like the ones that were built on the Fantasyland Forest side.
There have already been pictures of the blueprints for the restroom complex showing Rapunzel's tower and pictures where you can see the tower itself being built (well hidden by trees).

olinecoach61

I was very impressed with the size and scope of the FLE. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal until you walk it. It's impressive already. The turrets. Do look great and the additional theming will be great.

Timothy_Q

Will they be doing something with the concrete jungle on the castle courtyard side of the walls?
Some planters/trees would be nice

RSoxNo1

AquaDuck --

They will be Tangled themed.

dreamfinder

The other end of the fantasyland wall, opposite Pinocchio and between Pooh and where SWSA used to be, will that ever join with the building or are they going to leave that end open?

I thought that the theming down by Pooh was already transitioning to the forest (or Woods) so it would in theory have to be earlier than that. Not remembering the facade in that between Snow White and Pooh, isn't there some point where the transition would possibly make sense?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom