Castaway cay

Sans Souci

It is $0.65. Bring cash.

I don't know if they sell post cards on the island, but there are free ones in the desk drawer in your stateroom.

Btw, the post from CC is slower than molasses in January. I sent a postcard nearly two months ago and it has not reached its intended destination yet...

ToTBellHop

It is $0.65. Bring cash.

I don't know if they sell post cards on the island, but there are free ones in the desk drawer in your stateroom.

Btw, the post from CC is slower than molasses in January. I sent a postcard nearly two months ago and it has not reached its intended destination yet...
I don't think it is going to reach its destination.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
It's quite possible, but I sent it overseas, so I am willing to keep my hopes up a little longer. ;)

It takes a couple months during certain times. All the ones we have sent from there have taken 2+ months. You MUST buy your postage in Nassau as none is sold on CC.

ChuckElias

You MUST buy your postage in Nassau as none is sold on CC.
Unless the Castaway Cay recently changed its policy, this is simply not true. I've been to CC several times and mailed postcards at least 3 different times there, and have always purchased the postage on the island. Additionally, roughly a third of the cruises that stop at CC do NOT visit Nassau. So all those guests would be screwed if they couldn't buy the postage on CC.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Unless the Castaway Cay recently changed its policy, this is simply not true. I've been to CC several times and mailed postcards at least 3 different times there, and have always purchased the postage on the island. Additionally, roughly a third of the cruises that stop at CC do NOT visit Nassau. So all those guests would be screwed if they couldn't buy the postage on CC.

And on all the visits I have had to CC the post office has never been open, just the drop-box. So there doesn't seem to be much pattern on this one. Because of that we could not mail a postcard in January due to no other Bahamian stops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom