Castaway Cay Challenge Cruise 2022

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prefacing I've only been on 1 Disney Cruise and that was back in 2012.

I'm anticipating Disney resuming in-person races by Marathon weekend 2022 so I'm strongly considering the add-on cruise (4 day Bahamas leaving 1/10/22) that'll get me the Castaway Cay challenge medal.

Are there TYPICALLY any discounts available for this specific cruise (FL resident, etc.)? If I book a placeholder and discounts become available, am I able to take advantage? My mom is Gold (maybe Platinum?) does that make a difference?

Last edited:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If a Florida resident rate comes out, it's usually after most people have made their final payment. DCL does not allow you to add a discounted offer to a cruise like a Florida resident rate. It would have to be cancelled and re-booked

Pam

jme

Assuming your mom is also booked in the same stateroom as you, you would be able to take advantage of her membership level - but it doesn't impact the cost of the cruise.

The Castaway Club benefit level―Silver, Gold or Platinum―is determined by the Guest with the highest membership level in the stateroom. All Guests staying in the same stateroom will enjoy that member’s benefit level for the duration of the cruise.

Here is a handy breakdown of membership benefits

KeithVH

Even under conditions BEFORE 2020, discounts (as you might think of them) in the normal release cycle really didn't exist. What you may find are a limited set of special offers on some cruises. The DCL Blog will have a list of these. They are usually limited to undersold categories for a small set of cruises. Since you are doing a 4-day, you may see something around Sep/Oct but more unless you want a GT room and/or cat 8-11, you'll proly be SOL.

KeithVH

I will amend my previous statement. Technically, you can get a perceived discount by purchasing on an opening day event. As opposed to waiting to buy weeks or months after a cruise opens for bookings. While not always true, 80-90% of the time, a cruise price is going to go up the closer it gets to the sail date. And unfortunately, the increase in price over time is not consistent (very dependent on which cruise and each one's unique customer demand).

Poohs4me

We have done this cruise for a few years now because I want this medal. I am hoping the 2022 will be offered but who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️.

I can tell you in 2018 and 2019 they offered a Florida resident discount but not in 2020. Both of them if I recall came out in the summer. I remember thinking well this is early. I had family that took advantage of the offer.

They also offered guarantee cabins for the past four years which may or may not be a discount. I don’t recall how late these were offered

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom