cashing in Disney Visa Points

tigsmom

Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you requests your points till you get them on the gift card?

If you are requesting a first time card it was (may have changed) about 10 days or so. If you have a valid card you can call to transfer them or do it yourself on line (again, if things haven't changed- haven't done it in awhile.)

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

Just to add to what has been stated by tigsmom, if you already have your points card, the transfer occurs as soon as you make the request.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

I placed the request for a new card on August 31st, shipped on Sept 2nd and "arrival date" was supposed to be Sept. 9th. We leave Sunday and still haven't received it! We figured 3 weeks was enough time for it to get here, but guess not!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

If you already have a rewards card, you can just transfer them right on to that and it only takes a few seconds... If you do not have a card and Chase has to issue a rewards card, they say it takes up to 10 days to receive it.

I just transferred my points to my rewards card yesterday for our trip!! We leave Tuesday!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I placed the request for a new card on August 31st, shipped on Sept 2nd and "arrival date" was supposed to be Sept. 9th. We leave Sunday and still haven't received it! We figured 3 weeks was enough time for it to get here, but guess not!

You need to call them as it may have gotten lost in the mail.

Upvote 0

marcriss

What I do to make sure that I don't lose all my points in the mail is request the card with the minimum points value allowed. Then when it arrives I transfer the balance over. This way if the card gets lost I only need to argue to get back a small amount of points. I've never had it take more than a week to arrive, so by all means call if you haven't gotten your card yet.

Rewards cards can also be issued at Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

too far

I am interested in getting my first rewards card for our trip to the world in December. Can you get more than one card with differing amounts? I was thinking about getting three, one for each kid and myself.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Original Poster
Thanks I called last night and ordered my first card. The operator said I would have the card on September 29. I wish I would have thought about doing the minimium points thing and then adding the rest online...That is a SUPER SMART idea!!!!

Upvote 0
Call and check with the rewards people to verify this but, when I went to WDW in August and didn't have my card, I was able to go to a Guest Relations desk and ask for a temporary. My points were put onto that card and I used them toward my room charges.

Upvote 0

nolatron

I ordered my first card on September 1st. It shipped on the 3rd and arrived on the 10th or 11th. So about 11 days to get here with the "no rush shipping".

Upvote 0

mathew-westfall

Call and check with the rewards people to verify this but, when I went to WDW in August and didn't have my card, I was able to go to a Guest Relations desk and ask for a temporary. My points were put onto that card and I used them toward my room charges.

Yes, you can still do that. They do not issue temporary cards anymore as they have actual cards now. You can go to guest relations at any park to do this. They will initiate a call to Chase for you and then hand you the phone to complete the transaction. I think it took a matter of 5 minutes to do this and renew our annual passes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom