Cars pulled over at EPCOT?

WDWNeighbor

Original Poster
Does anyone know why there are always cars pulled over to the side right before the parking gates at EPCOT??? Just wondering ...

Mickey92

Is this before the gates open? Or just generally all day? They maybe stopping their to get their tickets out if they haven't already perhaps :/

WDWNeighbor

Original Poster
I have noticed them in the morning ... That's a good thought, but there are way too many cars always pulled over with people standing outside of some of them to be getting their tickets out. Anyone else have any ideas??

wendysue

I have some friends who have waited for the rest of their family outside of Epcot so that they could go in at the same time and park in the same area. Occasionally, they will then go out to the vehicles and have a makeshift tailgate for lunch or snacks. With big families, this saves them a bit (no, alot) on food costs.

WDWNeighbor

Original Poster
That certainly makes sense... just found it strange always seeing this phenomenon outside of Epcot and not at any of the other parks.

Phonedave

I wondered that too. There is an awful lot of cars both on the sides of the roads, and also parked in the grass areas near the gates

I assume the ones that are parked are parked there because it is close and they are involved with a load in for some event.

-dave

TimNRA757

This happens at all points during the day and you'll even see shuttle buses (not WDW ones) doing this for some reason. And this seems to only happen at Epcot.

ABigBrassBand

I have some friends who have waited for the rest of their family outside of Epcot so that they could go in at the same time and park in the same area. Occasionally, they will then go out to the vehicles and have a makeshift tailgate for lunch or snacks. With big families, this saves them a bit (no, alot) on food costs.
I've never even thought of this, very smart.

raven

I will tell you exactly the reason for it as it happens all night as well: People not paying attention to road signs.

Guests simply take the wrong turn/ramp and once they approch the toll plaza there isn't any way to turn around unless you go through. Little do they know that they can just tell the toll person that they made a wrong turn and they can go through the toll plaza to the exit. People constantly turn around and go the other way as well but as soon as they do, they are heading the wrong way down a one-way. This has caused many accidents and will continue to do so.

Just pay attention to the signs and the problem will go away.

TheBeatles

I will tell you exactly the reason for it as it happens all night as well: People not paying attention to road signs.

Guests simply take the wrong turn/ramp and once they approch the toll plaza there isn't any way to turn around unless you go through. Little do they know that they can just tell the toll person that they made a wrong turn and they can go through the toll plaza to the exit. People constantly turn around and go the other way as well but as soon as they do, they are heading the wrong way down a one-way. This has caused many accidents and will continue to do so.

Just pay attention to the signs and the problem will go away.

For those unfamiliar with the area, it is a bit jarring to have get all the way over to the left lane because that is the only lane going to MK.

Can we talk about the road you take when you turn around at EPCOT? No lights and it couldn't be any smaller.

ryno1982

Raven is talking about going north on World Drive and then turning right onto Epcot Center Drive Eastbound. The only option is to go through the toll plaza- there is no way to keep driving.

raven

Everything is labled clearly but drivers are busy looking at other things. Going north on World Drive the exit says "Epcot," going south on World Drive the sign says "Epcot and Downtown Disney" then splits - either Epcot or all other areas, going west on Epcot Center Drive the 2 right lanes say "Epcot" and the left says other areas (which is the lanes that have accidents from cars cpoming the wrong way once you get under the bridge. The turn around is through the toll plaza on the left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom