Cars Land....?

Action0286

Original Poster
I haven't been on here in a while so I'm not sure if this has came up or not. This was a press release my dad found and sent to me because he knew I'd be interested in something with the word Disney in it:

[FONT=Times, Times New Roman, Serif]Michael Wallis named as consultant to Cars Land January 22, 2008

Disney Imagineering has hired Michael Wallis as a consultant for the Cars Land amusement park, based on the “Cars” animated movie, that will be built at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif.

Wallis has written the best-selling “Route 66: The Mother Road,” served as a consultant to the “Cars” movie and was the voice of the Sheriff of Radiator Springs in the film.

Disney Imagineering decided to enlist Wallis in the Cars Land project after talking to “Cars” director John Lasseter.

“We discussed the idea of creating a life-size Radiator Springs, and that’s what they have in mind,” Wallis said from his Tulsa home on Tuesday.

In March, Wallis says will guide Disney Imagineering’s creative team in a trip down Route 66 from the Texas-Oklahoma border area and west to the Arizona-California border. The team will research the terrain and architecture of the Mother Road. The trip will be reminiscent of when he guided Pixar’s creative team down Route 66 in 2001 and 2002.

Disney Imagineering’s team also recently went to Germany to see state-of-the-art amusement park rides there, Wallis said. The Los Angeles Times has reported that the Cars Land is part of a $1 billion renovation of Disneyland, to be completed in 2012.

“This is obviously good for Route 66,” Wallis said of Cars Land. “It’s another way to communicate the Route 66 story.”
[/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom