Carriage Ride after Whispering Canyon Cafe

mickeysaver

Ok, I am trying to hammer out the finer points of one of my pre-planned evenings at WDW in late September. We plan on dining at the Whispering Canyon Cafe with a Carriage Ride about 30 minutes later. It should make for a relaxing and peaceful evening. The price sounds reasonable at $30.00 for a 30 minute ride. I know that Carriages depart from Crockett's Tavern at Pioneer Hall from 6:00 to 10:00pm. I have to call 407-824-2832 within 60 days in advance for a reservation.

Can anyone tell me where the Carriage Rides are in proximity to the Whispering Canyon Cafe?

Thanks for the advice. Mickey

Atlaslaw

Haven't heard about the carriage rides before. Where can I get more details about it? Thanks for the info. We're going to WL in 109 days! Would like to surprise my wife for our 10th wedding anniversary.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BoyXE

WL vs. FW

You should realize that the carriage rides depart from Fort Wilderness' Pioneer Hall area (where the Hoop Dee Doo is), and not near the Wilderness Lodge. You can take the boat from WL to FW, and that would definitely be the best and nicest way to get to the adjoining resort that has the carriage rides. You can probably even have the carriage ride conclude at the WL if you wish, but I'm pretty sure you have to board in FW. Crockett's Tavern is the restaurant of FW, right next to Hoop Dee Doo and the Petting Zoo areas. Have fun and let uis know how it is!

Upvote 0

Jeff D

Croketss Town Tavern is at For Wilderness which is right next to the Wilderness Lodge. You can drive there but you would have to park at the front of Fort Wilderness and ride a bus to the back. The quickest way to get there I can think of is to take the bus from the Wilderness Lodge to the Pioneer hall area (which I think is the same bus that is coming from the TTC) or I think the boat coming from the Magic Kingdom stops at the Wilderness Lodge first then stops at Fort Wilderness, again at the Pioneer Lodge area. To go back Just take the reverse. Be awre that there have been transportation issues for Wilderness Lodge in the past so leave a good amout of time in between. If you get to Fort Wilderness early there is some stuff at the Pioneer Hall area to roam around and look at so you won't be bored. HTH

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Re: WL vs. FW

Originally posted by BoyXE
You should realize that the carriage rides depart from Fort Wilderness' Pioneer Hall area (where the Hoop Dee Doo is), and not near the Wilderness Lodge. You can take the boat from WL to FW, and that would definitely be the best and nicest way to get to the adjoining resort that has the carriage rides. You can probably even have the carriage ride conclude at the WL if you wish, but I'm pretty sure you have to board in FW. Crockett's Tavern is the restaurant of FW, right next to Hoop Dee Doo and the Petting Zoo areas. Have fun and let uis know how it is!

Make sure you remember this. A lot of people (first timers) think that Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are either very close (walking distance) or one resort together. Whispering Canyon is at the Wilderness Lodge and the Carriage rides are at fort wilderness. Boats can take you in between the resorts, but make sure to check when they run. If you have a car you can drive from resort to resort (they are near each other).

Upvote 0

GHOST1000

Mickeysaver- we have done exactly what you are doing ....ate at whispering canyon then rode the carriage ride, when we stayed at the villas at WL.....the best way is probably the boat ride over ,(definetely the most romantic way over), and your really right there. Its a nice carriage ride , they go down the jogging path at FW and its dark. We had John as our ridemaster, he was pretty cool. Anyway, good luck . PS the boats go till 1 hour past park closing times

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. I made the reservation today. We decided to save this for our last day touring the parks alone together and staying on-site. It's a less scheduled day and should make it much easier to do a relaxed a 6pm dinner with a romantic 9pm ride. I am looking forward to it. Thanks again. Mickey

Upvote 0

BuffaloSteve

Re: Re: WL vs. FW

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

Make sure you remember this. A lot of people (first timers) think that Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are either very close (walking distance) or one resort together. Whispering Canyon is at the Wilderness Lodge and the Carriage rides are at fort wilderness. Boats can take you in between the resorts, but make sure to check when they run. If you have a car you can drive from resort to resort (they are near each other).
:First timer to WDW. My Wife and I will be at WDW on our 27th aniversery. Do You have to stay onsite to take the boats and other transportation in WDW. Also the carriage ride - what a surprise it would be for My Wife. Thank You for any help. BTW, My first encounter with Disney magic was at Disneyland in 1959 when I was a little tyke---- I still remember--Its magic

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: WL vs. FW

You do not have to be in a resort room to use WDW transportation system. Anyone can use it. However, you can't enter the parks without some form of ticket media, technically anyway, but that's a different story. I was able to get through to the reservation line for the carriage ride around 7:15 this morning. I made the carriage reservation and then made the dining PS. You can book more than a 30 minute ride, but I think 30 minutes should be plenty for us. This way, we are able to take the boat back over to the Wilderness Lodge area and maybe can catch some of the electric water parade that I have been hearing about. I love Disney's magic, just 39 more work days to go. LOL Mickey

Originally posted by BuffaloSteve
:First timer to WDW. My Wife and I will be at WDW on our 27th aniversery. Do You have to stay onsite to take the boats and other transportation in WDW. Also the carriage ride - what a surprise it would be for My Wife. Thank You for any help. BTW, My first encounter with Disney magic was at Disneyland in 1959 when I was a little tyke---- I still remember--Its magic

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Re: Re: Re: Re: WL vs. FW

Originally posted by mickeysaver
You do not have to be in a resort room to use WDW transportation system. Anyone can use it. However, you can't enter the parks without some form of ticket media, technically anyway, but that's a different story. I was able to get through to the reservation line for the carriage ride around 7:15 this morning. I made the carriage reservation and then made the dining PS. You can book more than a 30 minute ride, but I think 30 minutes should be plenty for us. This way, we are able to take the boat back over to the Wilderness Lodge area and maybe can catch some of the electric water parade that I have been hearing about. I love Disney's magic, just 39 more work days to go. LOL Mickey

If you want to catch the Electrical Water Pageant you don't have to go over to The Wilderness Lodge. Fort Wilderness also has viewing areas (All the MK Resorts do).

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
We just got home late last night and I wanted to let you all know that the carriage ride was wonderful. We had PS for Whispering Canyon at 5:50pm, but arrived at WL around 5:30pm. We were seated immediately. This was my first time seeing the WL and it is beautiful. We enjoyed our food. I had the meatloaf and my partner had the chicken penne pasta dish. The food arrived on the table about 5 minutes after placing the order. As we dined the cafe filled with yuppie families with small children. I knew that the place had a tendency to be loud and that they entertained the kids with a round-up aka hobbie horse race around the floor, but my partner was surprised. Even though the food was really good, the atmosphere was such that I doubt that we go back. Anyway, we finished our dinner by 6:30pm and that left us a bit stuck. Our carriage ride was scheduled for 9pm. So, we spoke with a CM at the customer service counter at the WL and she called over and got us bumped up to a 7pm appt. So, we walked down to the boat docks and took a quick trip across the lake to FW. We arrived at the carriage post across from Pioneer Tavern and waited for our carriage to return. Christina was our driver and offered us two trails, one around the campgrounds and one along the walking trails more in the woods. We took the walking trail option. It was a beautiful evening, no rain, no bugs, and a few deer and bunnies decided to join us along the trails. I really enjoyed the ride. At the end of the ride, I paid with my room charge card and received a ticket stub that will soon go into the scrapbook. I also tipped the driver for her time and pleasant nature. She offered lots of information on the area and about the horses. We really enjoyed that evening. We arrived back at our hotel around 8:15pm and went for a relaxing swim in the pool. It was a nice evening. I highly suggest a carriage ride for anyone who just _thinks_ it might be nice, trust me it is wonderful.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom