Carowinds - Lightning Will Strike Twice In 2010

Deadman

Original Poster
A very interesting picture slid into my inbox this morning... one that confirms a rumor we had heard about the 2010 coaster way back in December. Yes, someone apparently found an semi-official logo for the new coaster which is going to bring back the White Lightning name.
At first I thought about not posting the photo out of fear that the photographer might
2009_0720_WhiteLightningLogo_300.jpg
get in trouble, but upon a closer look at the photo itself with Photoshoped, I started to make out little indicators where it appeared that the photo itself may have been doctored. Just look at the scene in general here... everything is all set up neat and clean... every folder tab is visible and appropriate, and the logo itself is almost perfectly squared off to the camera at a near perfect and level angle. Just managing to do that by hand with a real camera, let along a small cell phone camera, is almost impossible itself without some post-production help from Photoshop. Then look at the letters in the logo... they too are squared off perfectly to the camera, especially the long running white bar along the bottom. Perfect... too perfect. Something doesn’t smell right... and if that wasn’t enough there is the over the top Post-It Note in the top left corner, saying that logo had to be revised by July 23rd, 2009. Why is that date important? Because Coaster-Stock is taking place the very next morning on July 24th.
Does this mean the photo or logo are a fake? No... I don’t think so... I’m just thinking this could have been a carefully planned “leak” on the part of Carowinds, just days out from Coaster Stock and the big announcement. In short... an attempt to create some serious buzz well in advance of the announcement, which they certainly have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom