Carnival Crusie / Disney Question

The excursion to any park on Carnival Cruise is around $160.

Has anyone with an annual pass or ticket gone to one of the parks when the ship is docked?

I am thinking about it, but I am not sure how to get there.

A Taxi Might Be Expensive? I dont want to buy the excursion (which includes transportation) if I have an annual pass.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

GoochDSA

I am not an AP holder or anything like that, so I can't exactly answer your question. However, beeing an avid cruiser I will warn you that if you choose to do anything that is not run by the cruise company, you are on your own. Which means if you are late getting back to the ship for whatever reason or something happens, they will leave you and you will not get any sort of compensation for transportation to meet with the ship when it docks again or anything of that nature. I wouldn't personally do an excursion that the ship was not responsible for. You have to decide if it is worth risking to do on your own or worth biting the bullet and paying for the excursion.

IMO, if you are AP holders/recently went on a trip/plan on going on a trip to WDW, I would enjoy the empty ship that day. There won't be anyone by the pool(s) and the service will practically feel like they are there to only serve you. Again, that is just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

A taxi would be very expensive. It is 60+ miles, one way, to get from Port Caneveral to WDW.

I don't think I personaly would want to do an excursion to WDW from Port Caneveral. What time would be reasonable to go ashore? 8:30 AM is early (not to get up and go, but to have the ship docked and allow for people to go ashore). What time is all aboard? Maybe 7:00 PM if you are lucky. That means you are getting in WDW at 10:00 AM or so and leaving at 5:00 PM or so - and that is if your transportation is perfect.

At least with a sponsored excursion, as was said, you know you are going to make it back to the ship in time, or at least be taken care of if not.

-dave

Upvote 0

hajenga

We were offered this excursion on one of the last cruises but we did not do it. We enjoyed a day on an empty ship.

Every person we spoke to who did the Disney excursion was very disapointed with the amount of time they actually had at Disney World.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom